• ...and so much more!
  • qb1sho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    McCordsville, IN
    Good Morning INGO!

I am looking to take some classes this spring/summer to become more familiar with weapons in general (SAFETY, cleaning, shooting techniques, etc..) With so many different classes offered with many different local certified instructors, I am looking for recommendations. Almost like a high school/college schedule.

Take this course with this instructor
    then take this course with this instructor
    and so on.

Money isnt an issue. I am on the McCordsville area if that helps with the recommendations. Please keep this positive and no negative feed back for classes you didnt enjoy.

Hopefully I am not....:horse:

Thank you for your time!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Another plus for ACT. They offer varying levels of classes to suit varying needs and I've been pleased with the quality and value of their instruction.

For rifle marksmanship fundamentals it's hard to beat an Appleseed event. :yesway:

Check out the local feedback and reviews here on INGO: Appleseed - INGunOwners

And the main website is in my sig line below.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Another +1 for ACT. I've had the pleasure of doing several "one on one" training sessions with Aron Bright with ACT, and I've always left my training sessions thinking I received a high and great degree of training versus what I spent in dollars.

Aron is a top notch instructor, and at all times, he was professional, informative and most importantly patient.

Looks like you're in McCordsville. I live in Fishers and Aron met me at Atlanta Conservation Club to do all of the training sessions.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I'm a bit further up the road in Fort Wayne; however, should you be interrested:

www.iftnra.com

Also, on Saturday, May 19, I am hosting a seminar on Legal Aspects of Personal Defense with a panel consisting of:
    State Senator Jim Tomes
    Attorney Bryan Ciyou, author of three books on Indiana gun law
    Mike Peterson, SWAT sniper, police chief, and adjunct professor of criminal justice
    A prosecuting attorney yet to be confirmed.

Cost? A whopping 5 bucks, which includes lunch!

Looking forward to serving you.

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    I just had a lesson this weekend with Ray Duensing (ray d here on INGO). He is a frontsite instructor, and came very cheap. MY past experience has all been military training and combat.....so this was completely different to me. I asked him to start me at ground zero which he did. In one day I have changed my shooting stance, worked on a draw stroke (which I never did in the army) and actually improved my accuracy. I plan on getting with him again to continue on where we left off. Although it is a drive up to northern Indiana, but he is amiable with driving down to the Indy area. Get in touch with him, or come with me the next time.

:patriot::ar15:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I am looking to take some classes this spring/summer to become more familiar with weapons in general (SAFETY, cleaning, shooting techniques, etc..)

What is your current comfort and skill level with firearms?

I am looking for recommendations. Almost like a high school/college schedule.

If I'm assuming you are a complete newbie who has never even touched a firearm before. . . .

1) TFT NRA Basic Handgun course - Tactical Firearms Training LLC - INGunOwners
    2) ACT Basic Pistol 101 - Adaptive Consulting and Training - INGunOwners
    3) Suarez Close Range Gunfighting - Suarez International - INGunOwners
    4) Mindset Laboratory Intro to Force-on-Force and Dynamic Force-on-Force Scenarios - Mindset Laboratory - INGunOwners

That would be a varied and well-rounded approach. Sprinkle in a trauma medical and gun law course and you'd have a whole new perspective.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I greatly appreciate all the kind words regarding ACT. We would be honored to help you with any of your training needs. If you would like to get started send me an email and we can discuss where to begin.
    aron@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

Hope to see many of you satisfied customers on the range this Saturday at the ACT day at the range. It is not too late for former students to rsvp for a free day on the range.

Top Bottom