• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    I am 2 weeks out from getting back from AIT at FT Lee, and my wife has expressed interest in learning to shoot and soon owning and carrying a CCW. Are there any reliable Ladies Only classes in Indy that wont break the bank while giving her the necessary experience and knowledge to not only handle a pistol but also help her figure out what she would like to carry?

Ive tried lol but until now I've only been able to annoy her in the method I teach.

mima07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    central Indiana
    if it isn't too far for your wife I would recommend Jim Heath's classes. The classes are helpful, informative and hands on training. It isn't a 'women's only' setting but the classes are small and Jim Heath and his son Rob are not at all intimidating. I took the Basic Pistol and Personal Protection classes and learned so much. At the time I didn't own a firearm. The classes helped me make up my own mind on choice of pistol; gave me confidence that I didn't need to be an 'expert' with guns. Jim Heath is a fine teacher. Home - Custom Cop Corporation

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There are also various chapters of "well armed woman" around the state and country. While not classes in and of themselves, they look interesting. Mrs Monkey keeps meaning to go, but something seems to come up on the days they meet.

Find a Local Chapter

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Thank you. Whatever I pick for her needs to be somewhat affordable, we are looking into getting a house and I need to save as much as I can. And it needs to be after September 26th.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My wife took a Ladies only class from Norman Hood. He was doing a ladies only class at Kodiak in South Bend, IN. He is now at Shoot To Thrill in Goshen, IN.

I know this is a little far for her to travel and it was three days that cost $125. It was more than just a handgun class. He taught situational awareness, pepper spray, using your keys and everyday things as weapons. She loved the class and learned so much from it and came home after class excited and wanting to talk about what she learned.

Try to find a ladies only class if possible and talk with the instructor about what the class is all about and what handgun requirements you need to prepare for. Most will require at least three mags and they don't like the serpa holsters. She also shot 200 rounds so be prepared for that as well.

Top Bottom