Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This is the car that started my race car addiction. I remember when my dad brought home the bare chassis. I was just a little fella and mom wouldn't let me go outside because it was too cold. So I watched my dad and uncle unload it from the kitchen window.
    I remember being in elementary school and I would snatch dad's copy of circle track magazine to take to school and draw pictures of all the cars. A little later, I started reading those magazine's. 20220318_004101.jpg
    Man, I still remember the first time they fired that thing up and how it rattled my chest. I swear I felt it in my bones and that burning race gas was a smell that just hung in the air. Of course I was too young then to really understand what he had. As I grew up, I understood. Wish I could have driven it at least once

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is the car that started my race car addiction. I remember when my dad brought home the bare chassis. I was just a little fella and mom wouldn't let me go outside because it was too cold. So I watched my dad and uncle unload it from the kitchen window.
    I remember being in elementary school and I would snatch dad's copy of circle track magazine to take to school and draw pictures of all the cars. A little later, I started reading those magazine's. View attachment 188882
    Man, I still remember the first time they fired that thing up and how it rattled my chest. I swear I felt it in my bones and that burning race gas was a smell that just hung in the air. Of course I was too young then to really understand what he had. As I grew up, I understood. Wish I could have driven it at least once
    Do you member where they ran it..??

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Do you member where they ran it..??
    He raced it at Anderson and Muncie.
    Dad is a bit of a perfectionist so it took a little longer to build. Unfortunately, he only got to race it a handful of times before he decided to park it so he could be there for all mine and my brother's little league games etc.
    I wanted to race it right out of high school but couldn't afford it and he wouldn't fund it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When I pulled the stock car picture out of my tool box, I found these. This was right when we had finished building it. Back then it was more or less a legit "street car". It was all factory steel with power windows, all the lights, horn, 2 seats etc. That's when it had the 588 with 2 kits in it. 20220318_051255.jpg 20220318_004227.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I bet not. This year it’s getting new reared, street slicks and a set of Caltrac bars. That should solve it
    That will put you in another time bracket.....:thumbsup:

Hotchkis control arms. I made a set of custom mounting points on the 12 bolt. The top ones are 1" taller to change the fulcrum point and it works. There is air under the left front and in the pic it is coming back down. Photo guy could never catch it on time. Not huge but it would pick it up 3"s or so when it would hook. Not bad for a 4000 pound street car.

pjPVMYR.jpg

mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    That will put you in another time bracket.....:thumbsup:

Hotchkis control arms. I made a set of custom mounting points on the 12 bolt. The top ones are 1" taller to change the fulcrum point and it works. There is air under the left front and in the pic it is coming back down. Photo guy could never catch it on time. Not huge but it would pick it up 3"s or so when it would hook. Not bad for a 4000 pound street car.

pjPVMYR.jpg
    Nice pic. I love those cars

Top Bottom