Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That is a fun ad. Tools have changed. For years I dragged around a pneumatic End lift. Great tool for it's time. Slide it under a bumper, hit the trigger and that end of the car was about 2 or 2-1/2 feet higher. It had a safety lever so you didn't even need jack stands. Bad part it weighed a lot and took up a lot of space. Since more and more cars (and eventually trucks) could not be lifted from the bumpers, I put it up for sale. Pretty much gave it away, just to get it out of my garage.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The college I went to put on a car show every fall. It was part of our curriculum for the automotive students to put on the show. Every year we had "specialty" cars. One of these was part of the section one year. It looked good from 20 feet away but man was it rough up close.

That was when I learned a little about cinematography. Same thing with the XXX Pontiac that was parked at the U.S. Nationals one year.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I am not a “car guy” per se and as a child of the 70s/80s my family owned really bland cars. But recently I’ve come to appreciate the 60s car lines. Seriously thinking about getting a 66 Corvair Monza to drive around town on nice days, learn how to tinker with the motor, and expose my teenage son to working with his hands a bit.
    fc6cc729255354a130456541223dd062cbc286e4.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Fun watch.

I've tried to explain "manual locking hubs" to some folks a few times....after a while, I realized they were thinking "wet pavement and a chance of snow"....and really had no concept of four wheels driving or even when it would be necessary...and even less understanding of when it would be necessary that it worked.

To be fair, the same folks most often do not understand horses or mules.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Fun watch.

I've tried to explain "manual locking hubs" to some folks a few times....after a while, I realized they were thinking "wet pavement and a chance of snow"....and really had no concept of four wheels driving or even when it would be necessary...and even less understanding of when it would be necessary that it worked.

To be fair, the same folks most often do not understand horses or mules.

Not anymore.

Top Bottom