• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This isn't related to anything INGO but I'm looking for some insight.

If you're selling something and the buyer provides a phone number and asks you to call to arrange the sale but you respond with you call me to arrange the sale, who should make the call? My thought is that the seller should make the effort to call. The item in question is a very niche item so buyers are few and far between but my cash is univerally accepted almost anywhere for almost anything.

Am I out of line??

:tantrum:

Last edited:

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    I posted a thread about "begging to buy your product" a couple of days ago with some interesting responses.

Yes, I would expect the seller to call me and arrange things, in other words "sell" the item. Why do I have to do all the work to buy peoples **it? Glad I'm not the only one.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It doesn't matter who calls.
    If you want to sell your stuff, you call.If you want to buy someone's else stuff, you call.
    There is not such thing as who has to call first.
    It's not like a date thing where you dont call back right away if you dont want the guy or girl to think that you are too easy, but you dont wait too long either.

If the person havent called you then just call.
    Once you are both on the phone you can arrange the sale.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It doesn't matter who calls.

This ^

It's not terribly difficult to dial a phone, so just call the person if you want to talk to them about the product. If the person gives me a number to call then I call. If they haven't done so then I'll give my number for them to call. This reminds me of people who try to make you feel guilty for not talking to them in a while by saying "well you never call me, my number is the same." Well the phone works both ways.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I have only thought of that issue as a courtesy, not a sales protocol. Sometimes I know I will be in and out of availability all day so I'll try to make the call. If I'm available to answer a call for an extended amount of time then I'll let them know that so if they have limited availability they can call when it works for them. Otherwise, Murphy's Law, the person getting the call gets it when they are least available.
    This is also why I like email and text, you can work out the details over a little time and neither have to drop what they are doing, or feel rude when something much more important comes up and they have to quit gapping.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Splitting hairs honestly ....

If they have a # posted and I want the Item I will call them ..
    If they dont have a # posted I will send them mine and ask them to call me . Pretty simple

If the other person (or myself ) is refusing to make the call , then we are both to Childish to try to make a deal anyway :rolleyes:

Top Bottom