• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Just got back from the guys house that I sold the gun to today. I got my gun back and 3 more that were his. Im glad I knew where he lives.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Correct and why that's so hard for peole to understand is beyond me.

People want to beotch and moan about our rights being trampled and then they make up more rules so they can sleep better at night.

EXACTLY! People can be...ignorant at times.

"Are you a felon, and are you an Indiana resident? No, and yes? Here's your firearm, have a nice day."---Burden of proof has been met. :rolleyes::patriot:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    just show the birth cert:

birthcert.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    According to the constitution, you can sell a gun to Osama bin laden if you wanted to. According to the rules and regulations of our current police state? Depends on the mood of the officer or agent who is investigating it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Criminally, the law states that you have to have reason to believe the buyer is not legal to buy. But what about a civil suit? Would you be shielded from a victims family?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    People make the assumption that because someone produces a LTCH that they are automatically a fine, upstanding individual. Not necessarily true. But somehow it eases their mind.

Because we all know how hard it would be to have an LTCH that you got years ago and since have been convicted or how hard it would be to make your own.....

Unless someone runs it your really have no way of knowing.....

I mean if you buy a gun from a gun store they don't ask for a LTCH and you could easily check NO on all the questions on the form......

Asking for a LTCH is pointless if you ask me.... If you are worried about it pay a dealer to take care of it and you and the buyer/seller split the costs......

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I thought the List of items on this thread was great. I asked permission and started using it myself. (maybe I am a hard core) but a few unlawful handgun sale to felons on INGO classified might be bad for the site. Line number 20.

For handguns on the receipt I will list drivers # LTC # and INGO ID. The receipt book goes in the safe and the customer gets a copy. I will not put the address on the receipt.

Now long guns should not be treated differently. Still not a good idea to sell them to felons and A LTCH is at least a best attempt to cover my butt.

Again WE are a community of gun enthusiasts attempting to keep big brother at bay,

I will be listing some more items soon. I might change the rules a bit from the ones I copied and pasted from the maker, I don't think I will change them much. I want to offer them for sale but don't want to get my rights trampled or restricted in the future for something that i sold and is not longer under my control.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    So, is it fair to assume that those of you complaining about the conditions of the sale do not purchase from FFLs?

I see you dont understand what the issue is.

Try this......

I would not buy from the dealer if he made me fill out the 4473, have two forms of Id, give a DNA swab and give a character reference.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I thought the List of items on this thread was great. I asked permission and started using it myself. (maybe I am a hard core) but a few unlawful handgun sale to felons on INGO classified might be bad for the site. Line number 20.

For handguns on the receipt I will list drivers # LTC # and INGO ID. The receipt book goes in the safe and the customer gets a copy. I will not put the address on the receipt.

Now long guns should not be treated differently. Still not a good idea to sell them to felons and A LTCH is at least a best attempt to cover my butt.

Again WE are a community of gun enthusiasts attempting to keep big brother at bay,

I will be listing some more items soon. I might change the rules a bit from the ones I copied and pasted from the maker, I don't think I will change them much. I want to offer them for sale but don't want to get my rights trampled or restricted in the future for something that i sold and is not longer under my control.

Dons guns seems to have a tarnished reputation from all the guns that he sold to the Chicago residents through straw purchases 8 years ago.
    :D

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    INdy monkey,

Man do you ever sleep. Oh 4.880 posts, Never mind.

OK what do you think should be listed stored or kept for record keeping of handgun and rifles. "I don't want to make any money folks I just love to sell guns" HAHAHA.

I am listening, Help me change the list for future postings.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I sold a gun to a guy on this site. I cut his trigger finger off just to make sure he wasn't gonna use this firearm to hurt anybody.
    It's stuffed in a empty pack of smokes and kept in my safe.:dunno:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    INdy monkey,

Man do you ever sleep. Oh 4.880 posts, Never mind.

OK what do you think should be listed stored or kept for record keeping of handgun and rifles. "I don't want to make any money folks I just love to sell guns" HAHAHA.

I am listening, Help me change the list for future postings.

Don't keep anything. It's not your job to do the work of the police if your old gun is used I'm a crime.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Don't keep anything. It's not your job to do the work of the police if your old gun is used I'm a crime.
    I'm keeping that finger.
    It took me two hours to wrestle that guy to the ground.
    Then he kept smacking my snips out of my hand.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side

It may not be my job, but I believe it is my duty.

I'm certainly not a gun dealer, and don't sell a lot of guns... but if the guy I sell my gun to uses it in a crime, I sure as hell want the cops to find him. I'll help them however I can. This means I'll keep the full name and DL# in my files.

I realize that some people feel they've fullfilled their duty to ensure the buyer is an upstanding citizen by simply asking "are you a good guy?" I agree this is more than sufficient per the law, but I prefer to make a little more effort (understanding fully that an LTCH doesn't guarantee a non-felon)...

Top Bottom