• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Having just received an infraction for a wts post, that i am sure.....but always could be wrong, followed classified rules. I have a suggestion. If it is not allowed to include the verbage...." like an auction" OR "make an offer", (even when an asking price was provided) in a post in the classifieds, it should specifically state that in the rules posted at the top by Fenway. I swear I have read them 20 times and cannot find it there. Is it possible that it is just assumed by those involved very frequently? Is it inferred? Somehow?
    Also,As someone trying to sell an item, is it against INGO classified rules to tell possible buyers what the current offer is......as long as it is all done on privat messaging? If it is against the rules, it should be speifically stated at the top, i swear that i do not find that there either.
    Thanks to all the hard work by all of the moderators, i have met several, we all appreciate what you volunteer to do, lets all try and work together to make the site the very best there is.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Just send a PM to the mod and work it out. Posting about it will only bring out those looking to see some drama.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    A couple more infractions and you'll feel like a normal INGO member. I got a couple I figured I deserved. I got a couple I didn't think I deserved.
    It balances out. I got a way with a couple I should have got nailed on.
    Rationally work it out with a mod. It's going to come down to the "Honey vs Vinegar" thing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Having just received an infraction for a wts post, that i am sure.....but always could be wrong, followed classified rules. I have a suggestion. If it is not allowed to include the verbage...." like an auction" OR "make an offer", (even when an asking price was provided) in a post in the classifieds, it should specifically state that in the rules posted at the top by Fenway. I swear I have read them 20 times and cannot find it there. Is it possible that it is just assumed by those involved very frequently? Is it inferred? Somehow?
    Also,As someone trying to sell an item, is it against INGO classified rules to tell possible buyers what the current offer is......as long as it is all done on privat messaging? If it is against the rules, it should be speifically stated at the top, i swear that i do not find that there either.
    Thanks to all the hard work by all of the moderators, i have met several, we all appreciate what you volunteer to do, lets all try and work together to make the site the very best there is.

So you want to share your mistake with the entire class.
    It is an infraction in the classifieds not the end of the world.
    Your ad was reported.....I responded.
    I posted the rule in your ad so it does exist.
    You have not been accused or convicted of a crime.
    I was considering removing the infraction.
    Now.......not so much.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A couple more infractions and you'll feel like a normal INGO member. I got a couple I figured I deserved. I got a couple I didn't think I deserved.
    It balances out. I got a way with a couple I should have got nailed on.
    Rationally work it out with a mod. It's going to come down to the "Honey vs Vinegar" thing.

HHHhhhmmmmmmmmmmm..........:)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Protip: If you want an auction to sell to the highest bidder, go to Armslist.com or another AUCTION site. If you want to sell your items at a reasonable price so it moves quickly and you dont have the hassles of shipping to a FFL, auction fees, or worrying whether some jackwagon is gonna shank you and take your stuff, this is the place.

"$xxx OBO" is acceptable. Jacking various members around (even in private) trying to squeeze the last penny out of your item is not. Its bad form. Hell, getting an offer at 2p for X and accepting, then getting an offer 3 hours later for more and telling the original buyer to pound sand is also a jerk move.

Just sell it for what you can and be done with it. This is a message board with a classifieds feature. Not an auction site.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Protip: If you want an auction to sell to the highest bidder, go to Armslist.com or another AUCTION site. If you want to sell your items at a reasonable price so it moves quickly and you dont have the hassles of shipping to a FFL, auction fees, or worrying whether some jackwagon is gonna shank you and take your stuff, this is the place.

"$xxx OBO" is acceptable. Jacking various members around (even in private) trying to squeeze the last penny out of your item is not. Its bad form. Hell, getting an offer at 2p for X and accepting, then getting an offer 3 hours later for more and telling the original buyer to pound sand is also a jerk move.

Just sell it for what you can and be done with it. This is a message board with a classifieds feature. Not an auction site.

There you go being all logical and making sense. Not quite a Denny award worthy post but towing the line :):

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I just got one the other day just due to a rule change I think since I first started here... It's just like a reminder, not a big deal. Even though mods can see all past things and all have mine have been due to classifieds :rolleyes: it's not a big deal. Not like you are causing trouble or then doing the same thing over and over. They are all nice guys, you have nothing to worry about!

Edit:
    Infraction = learning curve

Arguing with a Mod = a time out

Calling the Mods out in open forum = sliding down a slippery slope
    Pretty much this... I just try not to screw it up again :D

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.

It's just an internet forum man.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

^^^THIS^^^

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Why do so many wanna try to make a classifieds experience so complicated? I've done my fair share of deals on INGO without so much as a hint of being in jeopardy of committing a rules violation. It's not really that difficult. Stop making it harder than it needs to be.

:ranton:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Why do so many wanna try to make a classifieds experience so complicated? I've done my fair share of deals on INGO without so much as a hint of being in jeopardy of committing a rules violation. It's not really that difficult. Stop making it harder than it needs to be.

:ranton:

Good rant, KG1! It really is a simple matter. Offer the item. Describe it. Price it. Define terms (OBO, Firm, Cash/Trade). Post a photo. Reply to all the lowball jack wagons with a simple, "No thanks." To a low but reasonable offer reply, "X+$50" and wait for the counter offer. Agree and sell for X+$25.

Of course, you could just make it simple all around and just donate it to me. I will give it a good home. Far less hassle. :whistle:

Top Bottom