Not open for further replies.

Grademan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Greencastle
    Looked in the FAQ, didn't see this discussed:

Is it ok to close a WTS thread and make a new one (outside of the 24 hr window) for the purpose of including more or different information in the title?

Thanks

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I would just use "Report Post" and ask the mods to change the title. Why keep opening and closing threads when all of that info should be in the top post, with just a brief summary as the topic? What new information are you adding?

Grademan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Greencastle
    I would just use "Report Post" and ask the mods to change the title.

Didn't know that was an option.

Why keep opening and closing threads when all of that info should be in the top post, with just a brief summary as the topic? What new information are you adding?

My intention was to show a lower price in the title to attract the attention of potential buyers who may have already seen the ad and wouldn't necessarily look at it again without new info. in the title.

Is there a specific reason why titles can't be edited?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Is there a specific reason why titles can't be edited?

Probably because we've had dealers (and some non-dealers...) try skirt the advertising rule by putting up one ad and then just rotate the title and the contents of the top post. As though neither the staff nor the ATF would notice that they were running a business in our classifieds. In one ad, I counted over 20 "new-in-box" guns for sale, one at a time, over a 7-day period from a guy who swore up and down that he was not a dealer and therefore shouldn't have to pay for advertising. Either he was lying, or he was illegally selling guns.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom