• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    I have always wanted a door. I am kind of looking for something in a nice natural wood with a pecan finish and pic-cant aroma of pine...

Seriously. When you see four or five bumps I start to question value. Thats not just here but everywhere I participate in forums. After that many bumps probably not gonna sell at that price dude...

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    For me I blame the bourbon and a rough day at work. I figure the classifieds can't flame me back so I lit in! Actually it was more of sob then a full blown cry on my part....

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have always wanted a door. I am kind of looking for something in a nice natural wood with a pecan finish and pic-cant aroma of pine...

Seriously. When you see four or five bumps I start to question value. Thats not just here but everywhere I participate in forums. After that many bumps probably not gonna sell at that price dude...
    It's why I ask people not to post in my ads. People do question value when they see lots of posts in the ads on the first page.
    Some things just take a while for the right buyer to see them. Some things are seen but the buyer is waiting for pay day. Bumps help. Unless you have a stupid stupid high price then it will sell here. Or trade. I try not to bump mine if they are still on the first page. I guess I might have missed seeing them sometimes and have done it but Its not intentional if I ever have or do. It makes no sense but as long as the 24 hour rule is followed its legal.
    the classifieds on ingo are the best thing since sweet ice tea in my opinion. Not only because of all the sweat deals and also fast selling ability but I've met sooooo many great people because of the classifieds. Hours of good face to face conversation with fellow gun lovers have been had thanks to ingo!
    my pet peve is "sold" bumps. Which are against the rules and shoves legit still for sale items down.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    On the flip side I made a post two weeks ago and went to bump it today all to see that it had been closed...

Someone asked a question in my add and when I answered his question I was banned from posting for two weeks, couldn't even close or alter my post...

I all but give up, are the mods just that uptight? I even read through the rules a couple times to see if I missed something, I could care less about moving what junk I have, just the uprightness gets old.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    On the flip side I made a post two weeks ago and went to bump it today all to see that it had been closed...

Someone asked a question in my add and when I answered his question I was banned from posting for two weeks, couldn't even close or alter my post...

I all but give up, are the mods just that uptight? I even read through the rules a couple times to see if I missed something, I could care less about moving what junk I have, just the uprightness gets old.

Yep. You violated the "24hr bump rule". You're supposed to answer questions by editing the OP.

3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may bump it once in a 24-hour period. This means that no less than 24 hours after the last post in the thread, you may add a "bump" to allow your post to come back to the top to be noticed. DO NOT try to get around this by posting "replied to all PMs" or something similar. If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24 hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post. If your item is SPF(sold pending funds) you must edit your first/original post to state that but do NOT bump your ad.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Rules is rules. They are trying to be more like Spasmo and keep them clean and orderly. Very seldom are there warnings in the classifieds, ask me how I know? :lmfao:

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    It's why I ask people not to post in my ads. People do question value when they see lots of posts in the ads on the first page.
    Some things just take a while for the right buyer to see them. Some things are seen but the buyer is waiting for pay day. Bumps help. Unless you have a stupid stupid high price then it will sell here. Or trade. I try not to bump mine if they are still on the first page. I guess I might have missed seeing them sometimes and have done it but Its not intentional if I ever have or do. It makes no sense but as long as the 24 hour rule is followed its legal.
    the classifieds on ingo are the best thing since sweet ice tea in my opinion. Not only because of all the sweat deals and also fast selling ability but I've met sooooo many great people because of the classifieds. Hours of good face to face conversation with fellow gun lovers have been had thanks to ingo!
    my pet peve is "sold" bumps. Which are against the rules and shoves legit still for sale items down.

You make a good point and I agree. The pattern I observe is when something is either not up to snuff or overpriced or both it tends to lay on a forum post for a long time. It gets bumped and bumped and finally just kind of hangs around, like in laws after Christmas. I used to do a lot with other enthusiast boards, cars and RC hobbies mostly, its the same. My bump count is probably low at 5 but you get what I mean. Regarding those folks and their practices... I don't care, just noticed and thought I would comment. I find lots of cool stuff to look at in there too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rules is rules. They are trying to be more like Spasmo and keep them clean and orderly. Very seldom are there warnings in the classifieds, ask me how I know? :lmfao:

Yup. They are running them like they should be. I got smacked for a screw up not long ago. My fault. No complaints. Que was cool about it.
    We asked what could be done to keep it on point and this was the answer. No new rules. Enforce the existing rules.

Top Bottom