• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How can the ex be charged with attempted murder? It's not her fault that he is stupid and irresponsible.
    Not to mention, that if he neglected something that was to defend his life and the lives of those he is sworn to protect, just imagine how much he neglected her.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    How can the ex be charged with attempted murder? It's not her fault that he is stupid and irresponsible.
    I think it sounds like she knew he'd probably be in a firefight situation and when he drew...he'd just get shot.
    She probably had no idea that it sat there unchecked for months.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think it sounds like she knew he'd probably be in a firefight situation and when he drew...he'd just get shot.

I don't know. He sounds like a Barney Fife type. She probably knew perfectly well that the department refused to issue him bullets.

For the record, "charged" doesn't mean "convicted".

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I don't know. He sounds like a Barney Fife type. She probably knew perfectly well that the department refused to issue him bullets..
    Maybe so, but then what would be the point of the glue?
    For the record, "charged" doesn't mean "convicted".
    Hey Scutter, do you know if there's a bona fide link to this anywhere? It'd be interesting to follow.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Maybe so, but then what would be the point of the glue?

Hey Scutter, do you know if there's a bona fide link to this anywhere? It'd be interesting to follow.

I don't know. It was TomN's story. I'm just here for the snarky comments. :):

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    real story or not... the moral of the story is NEVER go 8 HOURS, let alone 8 MONTHS without checking your firearms. Mine if not on my person or within arms reach, are unloaded and locked away. Once they come back out, they're inspected... if not cleaned.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL

Still, she's not responsible for his laziness, HIS failure to take care of the "tools" of his "trade". Plus, he shouldn't have left it laying around so that she could get at it. :rolleyesedit:

She shouldn't even have been charged with that. Distruction of property, Maybe, but that's it. :dunno:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I don't know. It was TomN's story. I'm just here for the snarky comments. :):

Stay out of my story with your snarkiness!!! :draw:

I have no idea what happened with the rest of the story. I'm not even sure that the person who originally posted this would know. I just thought it was an interesting story from a reliable source with a good message. Always clean and check your carry guns regularly!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Stay out of my story with your snarkiness!!! :draw:
    Sorry Tomn but Scutter and snarkiness are pretty synonymous so if you are going to accept Scutter, you're going to have to accept his snarkiness in your stories.. :):

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well your snarkiness makes me sad!

I'm sorry. By way of apology, here's a bunny with a pancake on its head.

52j4uq.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was going to give you the land shark, but I didn't want to be both snarky and sharky.

10z8l82.jpg

I can't explain why, but I laugh every time I see this picture.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    If ole Joe only touches his service weapon once every 8 months (he probably discovered the problem when qualification time came around) he needs to find a new occupation.

As for his wife, that's a joke. Charging her with vandalism would have been more fitting. Our legal system is a complete mess... but we must remember her acts were against a protected class... a LEO. Had ole Joe been a civilian she wouldn't have been charged with squat.

Top Bottom