• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I am trying to get some ideas on how to clean large amounts of brass. I have a tumbler but cleaning a thousand rounds at a time is just not cutting it. I know you can use a concrete mixer to do large amounts but I dont have one and with Christmas coming up I cant really afford one. So does anyone know of another way to clean it? I have heard of people using a solution of vinegar and something else but I dont know the mixture.

Just so you guys know the amount I am talking about, its a little more than a 55 gallon drum.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I know what your talking about... Trying to remember... Vinegar,water, dish soap, and I think lemon juice.
    Soak it , agitating it occasionally , rinse with plenty of warm water

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    If you are reloading for yourself, and are not a commercial reloader, why do you need to clean 100,000 cases at once. Heck is a 55 gallon drum a million cases?

If you are commercial reloader, I would just buy lots more vibratory cleaners.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    I know what your talking about... Trying to remember... Vinegar,water, dish soap, and I think lemon juice.
    Soak it , agitating it occasionally , rinse with plenty of warm water

This ^ is the concoction that I use. Liquid laundry soap works too instead of the dish soap. I doesn't take very long to clean the brass...I've soaked batches of 500-600 at a time and it only took 5-10 minutes in the solution. Drying takes a while...I hang mine in one of those laundry bags/nets for washing delicate clothes. I'm sure this solution would work on large quantities, but what you are talking about it is huge.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Invite 10 buddies over for Monday night football and pizza, as long as each one brings his tumbler. Start the brass, watch the game, send them home after your brass is clean. I guess it would be good sense to supply the extension cords.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    1. Go to YouTube
    2. Search "homemade brass tumbler"
    3. Pick and idea you can easily build for very low $
    4. Charge friends to tumble their brass while you watch football

Top Bottom