• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I read in a different part of the board about where some folks were using XYZ to clean their firearms and LOVE it! So I figured I would pose this question. What solvents or such do you use to clean your firearms and/or what would you recommend? The old Standby of Hoppe no.9 or something new that is the cat's behind? Same question about lubricants as well.

Greg

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I use Hoppe's #9 and Remoil with Teflon . Both work fantastic for me. :yesway:
    66981.jpg

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    OMG, I've got about as many different lubricants and cleaners as I do holsters. Breakfree CLP most times. Shooter's Choice solvent when I need to have a barrel soak a while in something. (but I avoid it because I don't like the smell). Couple of other products that are supposed to be the cat's meow. A lot of times it depends what I'm lubing. Some 1911 mfctrs recommend a certain product for lube so I try to go with that (Shooters Choice FP10).

If it's a range gun, I'll use anything handy. If it's for self defense carry, I get a little weird about everything being just so, and use the "best" recommended lube. I'd love to settle on just one product (and I thought CLP would fit the bill) but haven't yet.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Breakfree CLP 90% of the time. For this 10% of the time I want it white glove cleaner that when I bought it times I use Barbasol Shaving cream followed up by a good layer of CLP.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    WAAAA!

My favorite got discontinued! Kleenbore's CLP. I loved that smell.

Breakfree is fine, but I miss the smell I know. :xmad:

red04gto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Northside
    I always use hoppes# 9 but a friend uses EEZox and I might be switching to that. Gun was the cleanest that i've ever seen after a cleaning job.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I use Hoppe's #9 powder solvent and their gun oil. Haven't had any problems with either, gets my guns clean. I've considered changing oils though, as I think the powder solvent is their claim to fame, not so much the oil.

in812

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    hoppes #9 for cleaner and i've used rem oil for years but started using B/C baricade really like it for long storage

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    If you have copper fouling, you'll be scrubbing forever with Hoppes.
    I use Sweets 762 to get rid of copper fouling in 2 to 4 passes. Use it in all rifles and handguns and use Hoppes in shotguns and rimfires.

Then I use Lucas Gun oil. Really good stuff.

Top Bottom