• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I have read articles stating for the 2017 deer season that center fire rifle cartridges with cases at or below 1.8" in length that WERE legal to hunt with on public land like the 358 Hoosier or the 35 Remington shorten from 1.9 to 1.8" or the 450 Bushmaster at 1.7" will be as of the 2107 deer season NO LONGER public land legal.

BUT I also have read persons who have said their interpretation of the new for 2107 law states they are legal? I have goggled the CRAP out of this question but can't get a solid answer.

Who know what the new law says for sure?

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have read articles stating for the 2017 deer season that center fire rifle cartridges with cases at or below 1.8" in length that WERE legal to hunt with on public land like the 358 Hoosier or the 35 Remington shorten from 1.9 to 1.8" or the 450 Bushmaster at 1.7" will be as of the 2107 deer season NO LONGER public land legal.

BUT I also have read persons who have said their interpretation of the new for 2107 law states they are legal? I have goggled the CRAP out of this question but can't get a solid answer.

Who know what the new law says for sure?

You can click on the site I gave you before or this one. [h=3]Update to DNR legal deer hunting equipment 10.11.2017[/h]
    There is another in the great outdoors section. It is all over INGO.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Never mind I did find a good group of threads detailing the mess made of this years deer regs, but yes no CF rifles allowed on public land anymore.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Thanks RU44mag. Now I know for certain. I had read actual published pages from the DNR pamphlet that still certain previously legal CF rifle cartridges as still indeed legal, thus the cause for my confusion.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks RU44mag. Now I know for certain. I had read actual published pages from the DNR pamphlet that still certain previously legal CF rifle cartridges as still indeed legal, thus the cause for my confusion.

Yeah, yesterday I actually posted the same thing in my argument that some were still legal. There was a lot of reading in that thread, but you could have seen my argument and then me admitting I was wrong after talking to the DNR officer.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I got an email from the DNR tonight clarifying, that no rifles are allowed on puplic land per the new legislation.

Top Bottom