• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FCS-04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Bloomfield
    So I'm moving to bloomington from MA next week and will be looking to SBR my PS90. Does the CLEO sign the forms or should I start looking into a trust.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    BPD Chief Diekhoff will sign them off normally. I live within the bloomington city limits and I've done 6 suppressors through him without any problems and many of my friends have done it too. It will take some time to do the background check. They are a little slow on that. Otherwise you shouldn't have any problem.

kabob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    You guys are lucky. I live in Texas and had to go the trust route 'cause our County Sheriff is thinks NFA items don't belong in civvie hands.

ShootinIron

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville
    sign off...

If you are outside the city limits of Bloomington, you will need to go to the sheriff dept. I sell a lot of cans and SBRs to guys in Bloomington and Monroe Co. and none have ever had any problems.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    You have two of my cans right now! I hate playing this waiting game. :tantrum:

I think after your fist one the wait should be atleast cut in half. haha!

If you are outside the city limits of Bloomington, you will need to go to the sheriff dept. I sell a lot of cans and SBRs to guys in Bloomington and Monroe Co. and none have ever had any problems.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    You guys are lucky. I live in Texas and had to go the trust route 'cause our County Sheriff is thinks NFA items don't belong in civvie hands.

To add insult to your injury, Bloomington is probably the most leftist city in Indiana by a long shot and they still sign off on NFA. How does a Sheriff hold their job in the great state of Texas with the kind of attitude yours has?

You need to get a new Sheriff.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Im always up for that. I even have a membership at the Martinsville gun club, so we can get in easy. I would like to compare it to my 9mm can anyways.

Only problem is I dont have a threaded barrel 45 acp yet. Guess I need to get one now :)

We need to pick a (dry) day and take them out to play.... :):

ShootinIron

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville
    Shootin...

No membership needed, I have 45 acres with 4-5 shooting areas. There is always 3 - 5 threaded barrel .45s laying around the shop. It just needs to be dry so we don't have to get muddy.... yuck!

kabob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    To add insult to your injury, Bloomington is probably the most leftist city in Indiana by a long shot and they still sign off on NFA. How does a Sheriff hold their job in the great state of Texas with the kind of attitude yours has?

You need to get a new Sheriff.

Easy, she's a Hispanic female. Need I really say more? I don't think her politics play into it, at all. :rolleyes:

ShootinIron

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville
    Sheriff....

I am not saying anything about the female Hispanic illegal immigrant Texas sheriff with the Obama sticker on the police cars bumper, that does not believe in the 2nd Amendment! :patriot:

I can't understand why any LEO would have a problem signing a Form 3 for a suppressor or SBR. A criminal is not going to try and buy a suppressor or SBR nor spend $200 (of his stolen money) for a tax stamp, he will make his own can, and get the hack saw out!

ShootinIron

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville
    full service gun shop...

That's right.... sometimes towards the end of the day we have to go do some testing, you know... to make sure the suppressors and guns are still functioning OK. It is a tough job, but somebody has to do it. :):

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, I think your right. We definitely need to do some "testing" of my two new suppressors here soon when it dries out. I've got tons of 45acp and 22 ammo so we can do extensive testing. haha!!!

No membership needed, I have 45 acres with 4-5 shooting areas. There is always 3 - 5 threaded barrel .45s laying around the shop. It just needs to be dry so we don't have to get muddy.... yuck!

ShootinIron

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville
    testing...

Sounds good to me, looking at the 10 day forecast, Tue or Wed might be good? I have some different kinds of sub-sonic .22s, and also have some of those "special" hard to find sub-sonic .45s :): If those silencers get to quiet for us, we will break out some .22 exploding targets.... :D

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I cant this coming week. I'm attending National Police Week up in Washington DC. Then I have Army drill that weekend. How about the following week? We can look at the LR forecast and then pick a day when it gets closer.

Sounds good to me, looking at the 10 day forecast, Tue or Wed might be good? I have some different kinds of sub-sonic .22s, and also have some of those "special" hard to find sub-sonic .45s :): If those silencers get to quiet for us, we will break out some .22 exploding targets.... :D

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Shootin' Iron,

I've been meaning to drop in on the way home from work... gotta figure out which suppressor I want to go with first. I'm waiting on an SBR until Czechpoint gets more of the vz.58 pistols in stock later on this summer.

Top Bottom