• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My wife applied for her lifetime online Monday. I had to meet with a prosecutor Tuesday, so while I was there I stopped in at the citizen's services desk and asked if we needed to make an appointment to pay and do "old fashioned" prints or if it was walk in. I was told it was walk in, so today we went down there for her to finish the process.

I walked back to the counter and the lady asked if we'd done the L1. My wife doesn't know what "L1" means, so I told her no, my wife needed prints done. She asked if we'd seen the new instruction sheet. We said no. She said we needed to make an appointment and then come back with the local portion of the payment. I told her, "really, because the lady at the front desk yesterday said we didn't need an appointment and could do it right here". She just said Ok and told us where the forms for getting prints done were.

Giving her the benefit of the doubt, did she not know L1 is an option or was she purposefully trying to shuttle us out to reduce her own work load? Lucky I was there or my wife would have taken her word for it and left.

On an unrelated note, the farmer's market had some green tomatoes and they fried up niiiice when we got home.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    It wasn't too long ago that I recall a thread here on INGO where someone else claimed that the State was requiring all LTCH submissions be done through L1 now, so I suppose it is possible the second clerk was technically correct; but being already in possession of my lifetime LTCH I frankly didn't bother to look any further into the matter.

Nodnarb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Muncie
    I thought they recently changed it so that the ISP would only take L-1 fingerprints now....couldn't find the link I used to have it bookmarked but deleted a couple weeks ago.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It wasn't too long ago that I recall a thread here on INGO where someone else claimed that the State was requiring all LTCH submissions be done through L1 now, so I suppose it is possible the second clerk was technically correct; but being already in possession of my lifetime LTCH I frankly didn't bother to look any further into the matter.

ISP's web site says its an option. It says something like "you now have two options, A: blah blah blah L1 B: go to locals and get ink smeared on you blah blah.

I suggested we go the L1 route, but my wife said she was in no hurry and didn't want to drive up north and spend $10. Gotta pick your battles, and that one wasn't worth it to me.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As annoying as your encounter was, you won't regret doing L1. It'll speed the process up considerably.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    L1 is best IMO. If anybody asks me about getting their LTCH, I tell them online through ISP, L1 prints, and paying local fee. Back in the day (last year) it took me 10 days to get it. Took my GF 5 days.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    ISP decided to stop doing inkcards for LTCH last year sometime I believe, but that decision was reversed recently. I know there is a thread about it on here somewhere, but as for where the best I can do at the moment is point towards the search button.

The clerk may have not known the decision had been reversed. We're all aware just how up to date some enforcement officers are on the laws, why would be think differently of a desk clerk?

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    ISP decided to stop doing inkcards for LTCH last year sometime I believe, but that decision was reversed recently. I know there is a thread about it on here somewhere, but as for where the best I can do at the moment is point towards the search button.

The clerk may have not known the decision had been reversed. We're all away just how up to date some enforcement officers are on the laws, why would be think differently of a desk clerk?

^^^This.

I received an email about the reversal only a few weeks ago from Senator Tomes who talked with the bigwigs at ISP firearm enforcement division and got it reversed on grounds that there isn't even an electronic fingerprint site in every county (I think there are 51 locations for L1)

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    From the ISP website:
    Beginning March 26, 2013, all applications must be submitted electronically, and printed paper copies will not be accepted. Additionally, beginning July 1, 2013, all applications must be submitted electronically and all fingerprints must be taken and submitted electronically through MorphoTrust.
    ISP: Firearms Licensing

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    My wife applied for her lifetime online Monday. I had to meet with a prosecutor Tuesday, so while I was there I stopped in at the citizen's services desk and asked if we needed to make an appointment to pay and do "old fashioned" prints or if it was walk in. I was told it was walk in, so today we went down there for her to finish the process.

I walked back to the counter and the lady asked if we'd done the L1. My wife doesn't know what "L1" means, so I told her no, my wife needed prints done. She asked if we'd seen the new instruction sheet. We said no. She said we needed to make an appointment and then come back with the local portion of the payment. I told her, "really, because the lady at the front desk yesterday said we didn't need an appointment and could do it right here". She just said Ok and told us where the forms for getting prints done were.

Giving her the benefit of the doubt, did she not know L1 is an option or was she purposefully trying to shuttle us out to reduce her own work load? Lucky I was there or my wife would have taken her word for it and left.

On an unrelated note, the farmer's market had some green tomatoes and they fried up niiiice when we got home.
    and you didn't share!:xmad:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

When you actually apply, you get this message:

Option 1

Expedited Application Process with L-1 Identity Solutions

You may choose to expedite the process of your application by scheduling an appointment with L-1 Identity Solutions. L-1 will submit your fingerprints electronically to the Indiana State Police and they will collect your state application fee. This method requires an additional $9.95.

You will need to provide your application number shown above when you arrive at your scheduled appointments.

A. Follow the link on the page to the L-1 scheduling. Click Here
    B. Register, make payments electronically, and get fingerprinted before going to your local law enforcement agency.
    C. Go to your local law enforcement agency.

Option 2

Visit your local law enforcement agency within the next 30 days. You will need to provide your application number shown above when you arrive. You will be fingerprinted, asked to provide necessary signatures and your payments will be collected by your local law enforcement agency.

In addition to your application number, you will need to provide the following:

1. A picture ID / Drivers License
    2. A money order for state fees and local fees: Life Pers Protect no Current License $75 State/$50 Local

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron

Some of you may not be aware of the decision made several weeks ago by the Indiana State Police notifying law enforcement, both city and sheriff, throughout Indiana that they would no longer accept fingerprint cards for handgun license applicants.
    This decision was to take effect July 1st. Applicants were going to have to make appointments with the company, MorfoTrust, that was contracted to do the electronic fingerprinting. This company has only 61 locations throughout the state, meaning not all of our 92 counties would have a location.

Some weeks ago I had received some phone calls from sheriff's offices around the state that were concerned about this change. I arranged a meeting with the Director of Records with the ISP in my office. I explained my apprehensions about this change and wanted to know more about MorfoTrust, which is headquartered in Massachusetts.

I had asked for a copy of the contract, and received it. The ISP was very co-operative in all of this. A week ago last Monday I spoke with ISP Superintendent Doug Carter about reversing this decision. Superintendent Carter was willing to help in the matter and this morning I received a copy of the letter that law enforcement and state agencies will get from the ISP explaining the decision to rescind.

What this means is that citizens will be able once again go to their locals for fingerprinting for handgun licenses. However, they can also opt to do the electronic fingerprinting if they so choose. I'm told the electronic method speeds up the application process.

Nevertheless, I appreciate all the co-operation I was given from those I spoke with at the ISP.

Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    This is a quote off of my local Sheriffs office.

Beginning March 26, 2013, all applications must be submitted electronically, and printed paper copies will not be accepted. Additionally, beginning July 1, 2013, all applications must be submitted electronically and all fingerprints must be taken and submitted electronically through MorphoTrust.

Top Bottom