• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigworm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    hobart
    I heard that they used explosives to blow up the bridge and that car windows were blown out at the us steel plant. I cant find any info anyone know anything.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I heard that they used explosives to blow up the bridge and that car windows were blown out at the us steel plant. I cant find any info anyone know anything.

Well if they blew windows out at the Gary works of us steel they have far more problems than just car windows seeing how its about 5 or so MILES from the bridge to the Gary works. The east Chicago tin mill is closer, but there are quite a few houses between the mill and bridge(markstown). I suspect the plant you were referring to was the indiana harbor east plant of Arcelor Mittal. The cline Ave bridge runs along the plant for most of its length. And when did this supposedly happen? :dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :popcorn:
    The bridge was blown up a while back (earlier this year IIRC).

:( really I LOVED that bridge that the 'racetrack' of being able to get off US-80/94 and going :whistle: all the way to Calumet ave before turning off and doing it again. :rockwoot:

That bended road in the sky was the fun part of racing someone along that highway. Many did not have the nerve to take that turn at :whistle: while it's raining.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    :popcorn:
    The bridge was blown up a while back (earlier this year IIRC).

:( really I LOVED that bridge that the 'racetrack' of being able to get off US-80/94 and going :whistle: all the way to Calumet ave before turning off and doing it again. :rockwoot:

That bended road in the sky was the fun part of racing someone along that highway. Many did not have the nerve to take that turn at :whistle: while it's raining.

Jedi's family ride, sadly he sold it after the bridge fell. He was just to heartbroken to keep such a fine racing vehicle with nowhere to drive it that could test is awesome powers.
    hello_kitty_streetracer.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's family ride, sadly he sold it after the bridge fell. He was just to heartbroken to keep such a fine racing vehicle with nowhere to drive it that could test is awesome powers.
    hello_kitty_streetracer.jpg

SWEET!!!!!
    :drool:

When I hit the lottery I'm gonna get me one of those but I'll always miss my...

k_1997_ford_probe_gts_01.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Seriously?? A probe? Someone actually admits to having had a probe and on top of that, YOU LIKED THAT POS???? you really are weird :dunno::D

:draw:
    Hey that was my first car and I paid $1800 to buy it used from a car dealership in Highland late summer after graduating HS. It wiped out all my savings for the past 3 years while working summer jobs in high school and on weekends. It was my "freedom car" so to speak. Yes it has all sort of issues and left me more than once in several non-lake county areas :laugh: but it was all mine!

Plus I never did lose a race in that car. Not the fastest car mind you but the driver was a
    censored.gif
    , reskless
    censored.gif
    that did not think of the consequences and I guess lacked common sense vs the other drivers. How I'm still alive is a beyond me.

It was a fun 4 years with that car. :(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I still have my 96 Probe GT out front.

I had to leave my when I went to the East Coast and then my parents sold it! :xmad: Granted when I left for the East Coast the transmission was shot, it needed new tires, the stero speakers were no good, it had no radio antenna anymore, the driver side had some "meet concrete barrier wall" damage and I had a dent in the passanger side (f**** b**** **** for playing dirty), the headlights would not go down anymore, the brakes were metal on metal as well.

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    I haven't heard anything about the windows breaking. My dad works at the EC Tin mill and he hasn't said anything about car windows breaking.

Top Bottom