• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ive been watching some of Clint's videos on youtube and would like to know what everyone else thinks of him. OK? okay ok. If you havent watched any,,check out afew and lemme know what you think. ok? okay okay.

I'm sure he knows his STUFF but dude seems like a whack job. I guess telling it like it is isnt always pretty. okay ok.

I have many classes at Thunder Ranch (Texas and Oregon and off site in Texas and Alabama). I have taken handgun, shotgun, rifle and carbine classes.

One of the few teachers, in distinction to instructors, left in the gun culture. Real world experience with firearms coupled with decades of teaching, all without tats, facial hair, or happing about like a flea on a skillet.

He is responsible for the codification of firearms instruction with many platforms and is the creator of many gun drills from his time at Gunsite. Clint is likely best-known as creator of urban rifle after ACSD received SP-1s. He taught this at ITC, HK, Gunsite, then at Thunder Ranch.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have many classes at Thunder Ranch (Texas and Oregon and off site in Texas and Alabama). I have taken handgun, shotgun, rifle and carbine classes.

One of the few teachers, in distinction to instructors, left in the gun culture. Real world experience with firearms coupled with decades of teaching, all without tats, facial hair, or happing about like a flea on a skillet.

He is responsible for the codification of firearms instruction with many platforms and is the creator of many gun drills from his time at Gunsite. Clint is likely best-known as creator of urban rifle after ACSD received SP-1s. He taught this at ITC, HK, Gunsite, then at Thunder Ranch.

He better grow out an operator beard if he wants to stay relevant. (Purple)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    first time ive seen him, reminds me of a former gunny i served with. got that classic DI voice too. semper fi

It's the mileage. Caught a .30RS in Vietnam and a .308 off steel at Gunsite. Couple that with yelling on a square range for several decades, you get the voice.

Don't let the act fool you. He cares, deeply, about his students and that they learn.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I'm not saying the guy isn't one hell of a firearms instructor or that he doesn't know what hes talking about, I really like his straight forward and to the point attitude but my gawd listening to Clint talk is like watching the plinko game on the price is right!! GEEZUS!!

Love the short video of the guy and the Fobus holster. hahaha

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Always amazed at the guys that spend the coin to go to a big name school--tuition, ammo, travel, lodging, inter alia--but then bring an Uncle Mike's sausage sack for a holster.

Guy to my right at DHG2 did this. Great guy, airline pilot/trainer, former F-104 pilot and Col. in LA Air Guard, great shot, but damned if he did not frickin' bring a sausage sack on the line. Clint nearly had a stroke.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Impressed that Clint is from Indiana. My Sons and I are seriously thinking about making a summer trip out to a class. We love the videos and no-nonsense style.

Watch the video of the interviews from current/former students.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I'm not saying the guy isn't one hell of a firearms instructor or that he doesn't know what hes talking about, I really like his straight forward and to the point attitude but my gawd listening to Clint talk is like watching the plinko game on the price is right!! GEEZUS!!

I respectfully disagree about listening to him. To me he grabs my attention and keeps me watching his videos. He's all meat and taters, to the point, direct. He also never bashes other people, other than snowflakes. I guess the only thing I don't care for is that he likes James Yeager. That's his right though. I just don't watch the ones I don't like.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I respectfully disagree about listening to him. To me he grabs my attention and keeps me watching his videos. He's all meat and taters, to the point, direct. He also never bashes other people, other than snowflakes. I guess the only thing I don't care for is that he likes James Yeager. That's his right though. I just don't watch the ones I don't like.

Even with Yeager he has said he has grown up a lot. The way he said it was kind of like he didn't really care for his personality prior to them meeting and getting to know each other but now they are friends.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Clint Smith is one of the few remaining giants of firearms training. Among other things, he essentially invented the "urban rifle"/"urban carbine" concept.

He's in the same stratum as Louis Awerbuck (RIP) and John Farnam.

I would gladly train with him if I am ever able to do so.

anvil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2017
    N.E. In.
    I agree with all the positives above,, I trained under him many years ago, like his attitude and style way above other "big name instructors". In his years Clint seems to have gotten "slightly" rougher edged

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When I get back to Indiana, I'm going to call this Urban Rifle.

r-trsc-556_7.jpg

Top Bottom