0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    Not to be a grammar Nazi but......

This is a "Clip"

116-classic-paperclip-money-clip-im.jpg

This is a "Magazine"

mag.jpg

That concludes the lesson for the day.....

Scott

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    yes, it bugs the hell out of me as WELL!!!! When we use to call it a clip on the range as punishment out range inst. would put one of theose big ass yellow chip clips on our uniform and we had to have it on all day long!! Everytime you said it, another clip was added to your shirt or pants... It worked and fast!! LOL

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    yes, it bugs the hell out of me as WELL!!!! When we use to call it a clip on the range as punishment out range inst. would put one of theose big ass yellow chip clips on our uniform and we had to have it on all day long!! Everytime you said, another clip was added to your shirt or pants... It worked and fast!! LOL

sounds like some pretty effective techniques... whats the most amount of clips you had to wear?:ar15:

Mr. Mysterious

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Like everyone else I "know" the proper terminology but as long as someone is not using it along with the words "ban", "restrict", "10 rounds", "assault", "evil"...etc I don't care what they call the device used to hold and feed ammunition into their weapon.

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    lol, well you had to ask, my first day, I had 2.....lol After that, none, it really worked for me, never called them clips since, hell we had to have them on walking to the shower and everything kinda funny now looking back at it....lol I remember one guy had about 7 or 8, his nick name was cheeto after that, and it stuck with him the entire time....lol

Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    are you one of those people who gets irrated when people call a magazine a clip? if so DO NOT watch the news... it will be like fingernails on a chalkboard to you

Just a general irritation by uninformed people. Things like "Me and my friends" instead of "My friends and I" or people that can't speak a full sentence without the use of an "Umm" or "Ahh"....

Scott

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Just a general irritation by uninformed people. Things like "Me and my friends" instead of "My friends and I" or people that can't speak a full sentence without the use of an "Umm" or "Ahh"....

Scott
    :laugh:.... life must be really cruel for you.... just joking, i used to find it very irritating until i worked at POPS for a year and then i just got used to hearing it and tired of trying to educate everyone that i just gave up and now i dont notice it very often unless its a friend or family member who i know will appreciate the education

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Scott

Mine is the word "don't" when it should be "doesn't"

You hear this bad grammar in many songs.

That don't make a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    :laugh:.... life must be really cruel for you.... just joking, i used to find it very irritating until i worked at POPS for a year and then i just got used to hearing it and tired of trying to educate everyone that i just gave up and now i dont notice it very often unless its a friend or family member who i know will appreciate the education

Cruel is a good way to put it.. I too stopped educating others with the exception of places like this... :D

Scott

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    In the big picture who really cares......

They have been called either a clip or a mag for years and who cares? I had an uncle who shot for the Navy at Camp Perry and he used to call them clips on occasion. Didn’t affect his shooting skills one tiny bit. There can be more than one right name for "that thing that holds the bullets". Perhaps instead of bullets I should have called them shells or ammunition or cartridges or projectiles.... get the point. :dunno:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN

Scott

Please correct this sentence:

Chocolate bars were handed out to me and my friends.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    lol, well you had to ask, my first day, I had 2.....lol After that, none, it really worked for me, never called them clips since, hell we had to have them on walking to the shower and everything kinda funny now looking back at it....lol I remember one guy had about 7 or 8, his nick name was cheeto after that, and it stuck with him the entire time....lol

Umm, how did you wear them to the shower? OUCH

Top Bottom