• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What are you trying to accomplish that traditional holsters fallen short in? Also, what type of firearm? That would influence my answer.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    What are you trying to accomplish that traditional holsters fallen short in? Also, what type of firearm? That would influence my answer.

:+1: I also try to take into consideration what my daily life consists of while I am carrying, type of clothing something of that nature would interfere with.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'd *mostly* agree, but there are some very safe and well designed holsters for revolvers that do not cover the trigger guard but have a hammer strap.

Agreed. but hammer strap=covered trigger for all practical purposes. Whether you trap the hammer or cover the trigger the end result is the same; unexpected external forces cannot make the gun go boom accidentally.

(besides, only ladies and crazy old dudes carry revolvers anymore) :stickpoke:

elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    I CC an XDM 40 with Clipdraw. Especially great for concealed under a tucked in dress shirt. As far as AD/ND situations, not really worried about some sneaky 5 year old flying in for a pincher attack on my hip and actuating the grip safety and the trigger simultaneously. The trigger guard rests safely under my belt.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Less bulk is the main thing. Also something that's quickly and easily taken on and off.

The gun in question is a G30s.

I'd be very hesitant to use any such set up on a Glock. The chances of something snagging on the trigger during a "reholster" are just too high.

Something like this: IWB Klipt Ambi Holster | Blade Tech | Holsters would add minimal bulk, but be much safer, be much more resistant to rocking or migrating allowing for a more consistent grip presentation, and is still easy on/easy off.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'd be very hesitant to use any such set up on a Glock. The chances of something snagging on the trigger during a "reholster" are just too high.

Something like this: IWB Klipt Ambi Holster | Blade Tech | Holsters would add minimal bulk, but be much safer, be much more resistant to rocking or migrating allowing for a more consistent grip presentation, and is still easy on/easy off.

Thank you.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I just picked up a mic a few weeks ago and really like it so far. Its covers the trigger area really well and wont come out unless you want it to. Also you can reholster it without pointing the gun at yourself. So far i like wearing it better than my aliengear. I dont use a clip. You can adjust the knot to where you want it which will raise or lower how the gun.

Top Bottom