• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What about the Issac Walton League in Griffith?

Years ago I shot Trap there. I thought they also had rifle/pistol ranges there. I've not shot there in many years. I presume its still open for shooting. Might have to be a member or guest to shoot there?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What about the Issac Walton League in Griffith?

Years ago I shot Trap there. I thought they also had rifle/pistol ranges there. I've not shot there in many years. I presume its still open for shooting. Might have to be a member or guest to shoot there?

1) You have to be a member and then they only shoot TRAP. They have a very nice big TRAP section. They do have 2 outdoor ranges that are in complete disrepair when I last saw them middle of the year.

Range runs are that you have to "sit" on the bench to fire handgun/rifle. SG can only be used on TRAP area.

I personnaly have no interest in TRAP or any of the other "shooting sports". That's not what 2A and guns are for me. Personal Defense, close combat tactics with firearms, learning to shoot with weak hand, one handed, carrying something else (bag, baby, etc), shooting on the run, etc. is what I am more interested in.

From the few googling I have done and boards I have read it's my understanding that for proper training in these areas it requires either a) dvd on the topic from some of the schools or b) [if you can afford it] going out to the speciality schools like the one near Vegas (by that Dr. something) or the ones from C. Surazes (??Spelling??) I have the email/newletters that he sends out on the AK stuff.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Deb's Gun Range is the one in Hammond. It's an indoor range/small gun shop. Has 6 stalls. 25 yards MAX (i think) and allows handguns and .22 Rifles only. It's $10 per hour if you bring your own gun & ammo. She has a selection of handguns and some .22 long guns for rent as well. I think it's $6 for the rental + ammo and they waive the rental fee for 1 hour. Or something like that I'm not sure as I have never rented from her before. Open till 7PM M-F and Sat as well.

I shoot there about every other week either on WED night or SAT morning. She (Deb) and her staff are very friendly and it's a small 'family' (of gun owners) environment. Been going Saturdays right now as I've been slowly introducing my
    non-gun friends to guns. Need to get me a 9mm and a revolver because going to .22 to .45 is just not good for a beginner.

As for the over 21 up hear the before. Although I have seen a teenager in their on WED nights with his mom. He shoots ans she just reads her book.

If you were want to me up there I'm game. There is a good Mexican restaurant on the other side of the street with some cheap (price wise) food.

Top Bottom