• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LYHTSPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Near Evansville
    Ok. I don't have time to read all this right now, so I will mark this and come back to it tonight. We have used cloth diapers on all 3 of our kids, and will use them again in April with our 4th. We had had a great experience with them. I might even have my wife post on the subject for me since she is the "expert". She may even have some places that you can go and check the different types out in Indy.

As far as early potty training goes, we have had really good experiences with what is called Elimination Communication. Look it up. It works.

indybuell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Bargersville
    My wife and I had our 1st child in February, in which my wife wanted to try cloth diapers. I wasn't so sure, but I gave in and said I would give it a go. Needless to say, I now am a huge supporter of cloth diapers and wouldn't go back.

We started out with the "G Diaper" newborn pack as a lot of the "one-size" diapers do not fit newborns well. gDiapers gBaby Bundle for Newborns - Best Price

As my daughter grew ordered 12 Bum Genius 4.0 one-size pocket diapers and one of the new Bum Genius Free Time all in one/one-size. I personally recommend the snaps over velcro, as the snaps seem to hold up better and I think are easier to use. We found that we liked the Bum Genius Free Time the best, so we ordered 18 more with snaps.

We now have 31 diapers and do a load of diapers every 3 days. When we do laundry, we do a quick cold cycle and then a second cycle on the heavy cycle with hot water. We use Rock n Green detergent and haven't had any issues. Occasionally we will add bleach to freshen them up. As far as drying, the pocket diapers we usually throw the inserts in the dryer. The pocket diaper shells and the all in one diapers we hang on a drying rack, which take about 6-8 hours to dry.

We also use cloth wipes and make our own wipe solution. My wife went to the fabric store and purchased flannel fabric and cut out squares for the wipes. The wipe solution is made from distilled water, Johnson's baby soap and baby oil.

As far as a diaper pail, we use the generic Safety First pail and a Planet Wise pail liner. I would highly recommend the Planet Wise pail liner as it has worked very well.

Diaper rashes have been minimal, the smell hasn't been bad, blowouts in 8 months can be counted on one hand, it has kept a lot of diapers out of the landfill and best of all I haven't had to run to the store for diapers.

If you have questions feel free to let me know.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Almost the exact same experience.

Top Bottom