• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Looking for new ideas for spousal unit survival clothing for a home with limited heat.

I found this:

GKPJ01567_Small_Keyword_20101018.jpg

Women's Hoodie-Footiesâ„¢

What ideas do you have?
    :popcorn:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    a REAL down comforter! when our heat went out last year we used that and actually had to turn on a fan in the night we were so hot.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I like light weight, close fitting, wicking materials for a base layer. Something like silk, polypro or merino wool. Stay away from cottons next to your skin, then layer over the base with more synthetics or fleece.

shftn6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    NW Monroe Co.
    Whatever you decide on try Ebay before you buy! Clothing, even designer names, goes for pennies on the dollar! If you know what you are looking for, use the search functions as to size, etc, and you'll be amazed at what you find! I haven't paid retail on an article of clothing in over a year, and I look gooood!!! :):

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    the footies are a good idea but i think most of the time (power outage, no heat situation) you can find stuff around the house. layers is lways a good idea, if you get hot just shed some clothes. and if you have to bug out same thing layers up..

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Layers. The storm isnt a big deal in our house, we havent had working heat in over a year. Burn lots of wood, and get used to the idea of it being 58-60* in the house. I am normally more comfortable in some lightweight pajama pants and a warm blanket. Woman and those who think the house should be 74* may require a hooded sweatshirt and a Snuggie as well.

Top Bottom