• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Ya'll will have to accept this as the "honor system" of otherwise meaningless AQT's.

So I bought a digital time to practice with (like walmart kitchen type) and after I was finished sighting in my ML today ... I had a few minutes to test it all out ... I managed this:

20141115_165935_zps5auso457.jpg

So so close; knock knock ...
    Still had a feed (just didn't pick up 2x) - issue on stage 3 - only got 9 shots off.
    and I new I dropped the 3rd shot (the 3) in the 3rd from left on stage 4.
    C'est la vie ... but by the time I get back - I'll have "done" it ...

oh yeah ... and the only witness might be the squirrel behind the berm;

but he had his back turned I'm sure.:)::):

When I score this AQT, I would give you a five on the second target from the left in the fourth row and possible another five on the third target from the left on the fourth row. So you sir have scored a rifleman's score! That is a nice looking AQT despite not getting some of your shots off. I especially like how you said you called your shot on the third target on the fourth row. A rifleman can call his/her shots. Congratulations, now you just need to do it in front of a red hat. Do you happen to know any? :D

brotherbill3

Master
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Thanks Rayne. WooHoo. I was being conservative, I guess.

I have some other thoughts on the stringing ... my tablet is not a fan of the INGO web interface so hopefully I do not mess this up.

My assassement on horiz. Stringing is muscling. ... with secondary consideration to dragging wood. A main thing for me is building speed and confidence at getting NPOA on transition stages. So problem 1. Problem 2 is from the ML I was just shooting. Heavy (although crisp) trigger and gloves made the squeeeeeeeeeeze hard ....

Vertical stringing on most I would go w turkey neck; and the eye relief/clarity of the $30 tasco. Saving money for tech sights and/or vortex from AA optics (shameless plug Alan is THE MAN). Thatis for all nut the one I called. The butt is sliding off my shoulder at times in prone (down, so usual miss is high)and I amnot sure why.

Thanks again. Now if only the squirrels were more reliable. LOL.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Nov 16, 2010
    Thanks Rayne. WooHoo. I was being conservative, I guess.

I have some other thoughts on the stringing ... my tablet is not a fan of the INGO web interface so hopefully I do not mess this up.

My assassement on horiz. Stringing is muscling. ... with secondary consideration to dragging wood. A main thing for me is building speed and confidence at getting NPOA on transition stages. So problem 1. Problem 2 is from the ML I was just shooting. Heavy (although crisp) trigger and gloves made the squeeeeeeeeeeze hard ....

Vertical stringing on most I would go w turkey neck; and the eye relief/clarity of the $30 tasco. Saving money for tech sights and/or vortex from AA optics (shameless plug Alan is THE MAN). Thatis for all nut the one I called. The butt is sliding off my shoulder at times in prone (down, so usual miss is high)and I amnot sure why.

Thanks again. Now if only the squirrels were more reliable. LOL.

How heavy and what kind of jacket were you wearing? The bulky winter jackets can interfere with properly positioning the rifle in prone and that could be what was causing it to slide down.

Top Bottom