• Listing Price, help me decide

• Total voters

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    I need some experienced shotgun shooters or gun enthusiasts to help me assess value to a shotgun I got in a partial trade. It is a Mossberg 500A bought new in 2000. It has 2 barrels, a 28" vented rib shot barrel (2 /34 and 3) with Accu-choke and a 24" Rifle slug barrel with rifle sights (not rifle but smooth). Both barrels are ported. There is a small amount of rust on the shot barrel and magazine tube. The stock is in good shape and the handguard has slight crack(in pictures). What would you value this at? What would be cost efficient to this shotgun for sale? I am looking to get the most out of a sale with the least amount put into the shotgun. Thanks ahead of the time for the help.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    JMHO, but just sell as is ..... Unless you need more money. In my experience, if you spend money, you will just break even, in the end .....

That's usually the case.^

These combos with the smooth bore rifle sighted deer barrel run as noted earlier in the $350 to around $400 or so NIB, a used set in truly excellent, low mileage condition might
    bring $300- ish , but the value will drop with rust, stock cracks etc.
    You might take some steel wool, try dampening it with clean motor oil and rub the rusty areas with no more than moderate pressure. I've had pretty good luck with this, it takes little time, costs pennies but you won't gain a windfall.
    It may make the gun more appealing to a buyer upon inspection .

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I'd probably try to sell something like this for $250 TOPS. There has to be enough of a price break between new and used to justify someone buying the used gun over a new one. the price goes down as the condition goes down until it reaches a point I won't try to buy it

Top Bottom