• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Well, I picked up my CM9 today. The nice lady even sent a box of ammo with it to make up for sending the CW9 last week. I was very pleased with the CM9. Recoil was very managable. Function was perfect, and accuracy was good. It is a little bigger than the P238 which is a little bigger than the LCP, but the CM9 is still small enough to carry in the pocket or IWB like the other 2 pistols. I went back and forth trying to decide which one I prefer. I still like the Sig best, then the Kahr and last the Ruger. All are great pistols and I will keep them all. But for those of you that do not feel the .380 has enough power for self defense, then the Kahr CM9 is an excellent choice. I must say it really impressed and surprised me.:D

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    Thought these pix might be of interest

12may12CM9andPistolWearTrumpCard005.jpg

12may12CM9andPistolWearTrumpCard004.jpg

12may12CM9andPistolWearTrumpCard003.jpg

12may12CM9andPistolWearTrumpCard002.jpg

12may12CM9andPistolWearTrumpCard001.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My wife took a picture for me, but I'm too tech tarded to post it. The P238 fits right between them in size. My Kahr is identical to the picture above, but my LCP does not have the belt clip or the pinkie finger extension on the mag. Thanks for the pics.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks for flipping my pictures. I'm over my head on this computer stuff. lol

Last edited:

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    Keep after learning to post them, RU44Mag; your photo composition is great and it would be a shame not to put stuff like that up. I found that there was a pretty steep learning curve to posting pix: at first, it was a giant hassle, but it got to be second-nature after only a few times. :)

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Keep after learning to post them, RU44Mag; your photo composition is great and it would be a shame not to put stuff like that up. I found that there was a pretty steep learning curve to posting pix: at first, it was a giant hassle, but it got to be second-nature after only a few times. :)
    Thanks!:D

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I have a shield..a ppk/s ...p238...and a cw9....i like em all as i have an addiction to small pistols...i am not seeking any helo for it either..all these guns are good to go

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Perfect timing, I just made a decision between these three handguns. Well, it was my girlfriend that made the decision as it will be her handgun. We just put a Sig P238 Equinox on Layaway at BGF. I'm excited for her to take it out to the range.

This is not "the" gun and not my pictre but looks exactly like it:
    sig-sauer-p238-equinox.jpg

Last edited:

SnakEEater

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    IN
    I like the CM9 so much I purchased another. The lack of a safety is a little concern however the long trigger pull is like a revolver and my holster is my first safety.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The CM9 looks a lot like my Taurus 709 Slim. It is my EDC during the warm months. Accurate and reliable--about 500 rounds through it now. That size, CM9 or 709, is perfect for warm weather CC.

I have a TCP I carry while running that is similar to the LCP. That size is good for runners. The fanny pack type holster is not a thing of beauty but with a good leather belt I can secure it against bouncing around and complete my miles. Do not like any thing that small for other activities though.

Thanks for the comparison photos. Nice review.

BTW, the 709 has an external safety. Nice feature.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I just picked up a CM9 a week or so ago and I love it. I was very concerned about recoil, but I do not think it is bad at all.

I also feel that with the long trigger pull the lack of a safety is not a concern. In fact, I think the gun is safer than a Glock style trigger safety any day.

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I have a P238 and couldn't be happier. The LCP just doesn't feel right in my hands and I prefer the full sights of the Sig or Kahr.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I carry my LCP in a Fobus paddle when my wife and I go mountain bike or road cycling. Its small size easily clips inside road bike shorts with the Fobus and stays put.

Top Bottom