• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    So this past weekend I purchased a CMC 3.5lb single stage trigger for my AR. It is a drop-in unit and I did not alter it in any way. It installed easily and felt great. I took it to the range today to test it out. I shot 200 rounds with it and twice the trigger did not reset. I had to push it forward with my trigger finger to reset. It did not take any great effort, like it had almost reset, but didn't all the way. At first, I thought the rifle had jammed, but it cycled just fine. This issue happened once after about 50 rounds and again around the 120 round mark.

So, what do you guys think? Will this work itself out once the trigger is broken in? Does it need to be sent back to CMC? I was going to email CMC about the issue, but wanted to hear from INGO first, just to see if anyone else has had this issue.

I really love the feel of the trigger. Super sharp break and a short, crisp reset (when it does lol). I just want it to be 100% reliable, obviously.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Call CMC. Had this issue with one of mine and evidently they got a bad batch of springs from one of their distributors that was causing them some headaches. They replaced mine no charge.

Good guys over there.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Call CMC. Had this issue with one of mine and evidently they got a bad batch of springs from one of their distributors that was causing them some headaches. They replaced mine no charge.

Good guys over there.

Cool, thanks. That makes sense. How did the process work? Did you send in your old one and they send you a new one? Or did they just send you a new spring to install yourself?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have never tried a one piece modular trigger in the AR. Since the AR design pukes so much soot and debris into the trigger, does this cause any addtional problems with malfunctions, especially dirty? How about cleaning? Do you have to remove the assembly for cleaning/relube?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have never tried a one piece modular trigger in the AR. Since the AR design pukes so much soot and debris into the trigger, does this cause any addtional problems with malfunctions, especially dirty? How about cleaning? Do you have to remove the assembly for cleaning/relube?

Just because they run dirty by nature doesn't mean they're unreliable. I have a couple with over 1k rounds without cleaning, one with 2k and 3 years worth of crap in it. I have a drop in POF trigger in that one and the trigger never has malfunctioned. Like any trigger, you get a hunk of brass in it or something breaks, it can malfunction, but to date my puke DI rifles have done just fine

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

My CMC trigger is in a rifle which has seen more than 4K rounds suppressed and I've never cleaned or lubed the trigger. Runs just fine.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Raising a thread from the dead...

I've run into the same problem. Mine was horrible, run 5-10 rounds fine and the next 1-4 shots the trigger wouldn't reset. I'm hoping CMC will make it right...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom