• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stejennings7065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have seen this stuff on TV and was wondering if this stuff is legal to hunt with? It is advertized as a deer attractant, not food or bait. I know Indiana has a rule that you can not hunt on a site that is baited until the bait has been removed for ten days. Another question is, does anyone use products like this for scouting. Im new to hunting, and to the land I am hunting this year, and wanted to get a look at some of the deer in the area. Am I on the right track? :dunno:

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I used the " attractants" when I first started hunting. Nowadays, honestly, I think its just a waste of money. Spend time reading, asking questions, do some scouting. The sponsors on TV get paid to make us think the lures and baits and bows and camo, are what hunting are about. It's about hunting, time and experience will porduce more deer, than stuff on TV. I'm not sayin' if you put that stuff out, by some fluke a deer may come by, but... it will more than likely be luck, not attractant.
    Get a good grunt tube, and rattle bag, a doe bleat, and get in some good trigger time. Good Luck!

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    I've put out blocks and other attractants way before and after deer seasons with trail cameras and never had much activity. Usually more squirrels on the cameras than anything else. I personally don't think they are worth much. I have had good luck with a decoy. I've had does come in curiously to doe and buck decoys as well as bucks. If you have the money to invest its worth it, even if your just watching them.

Last edited:

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I have seen this stuff on TV and was wondering if this stuff is legal to hunt with? It is advertized as a deer attractant, not food or bait. I know Indiana has a rule that you can not hunt on a site that is baited until the bait has been removed for ten days. Another question is, does anyone use products like this for scouting. Im new to hunting, and to the land I am hunting this year, and wanted to get a look at some of the deer in the area. Am I on the right track? :dunno:

Dont waste your money ,I bought a gallon,and they didnt care that much for it. Corn works better.I use corn to get a feel for whats in the woods.(Cam) Dont worry I dont hunt over it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    go hunting... don't use gimmicks.

Do the work, spend the time scouting, enjoying being outdoors.

If you strike out... do it again next season.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I used the " attractants" when I first started hunting. Nowadays, honestly, I think its just a waste of money. Spend time reading, asking questions, do some scouting. The sponsors on TV get paid to make us think the lures and baits and bows and camo, are what hunting are about. It's about hunting, time and experience will porduce more deer, than stuff on TV. I'm not sayin' if you put that stuff out, by some fluke a deer may come by, but... it will more than likely be luck, not attractant.
    Get a good grunt tube, and rattle bag, a doe bleat, and get in some good trigger time. Good Luck!

i second this advice.

learn to track sign also. best luck i ever had was when i finaly put all that marketing BS aside and went back to nature and fully took in the naural outdoor experience and truely became one with and respected the animal i was hunting rather than viewing it as an inferior being. The indians were very successful for a reason. refer to them. good luck. I hope all of your hunts become as meaningful, pure, and successful as mine have become.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I don't use anything to attract deer whatsoever, and that includes buck or doe urine, etc. I've put out estrous doe urine before and had deer step right over it and keep on going. Just get out there and figure the deer out; then you don't need to do anything special to attract them, as they'll already be coming to your stand location on their own.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    For hunting it is Illegal to use anything that deer will eat.
    Scents, attractants are legal, deer just sniff them, not consume them.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    For hunting it is Illegal to use anything that deer will eat.
    Scents, attractants are legal, deer just sniff them, not consume them.

They can call it whatever they want, but on their website they show video's of deer eating things they normally don't because it had been treated (read covered) in C'mere Deer. Sounds like bait to me.

There is a reason it is called "hunting" and not "killing". This crap is for those who don't want to spend the time hunting the animal. :twocents:

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    can't beat corn for when you are trying for pictures. Ten days before opening day it has to be out though.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I have friends who tried a few of these products during the summer to see if they worked and had zero luck.

Last year was my first year hunting seriously and I got lucky with the land I hunted. It is a family friend and has a good supply of acorns and apple trees.

We found the trails they used to come down from the ridges, looked for fresh tracks and poop. Found some scrapes and even found there bedding location.

I learned all of my stuff from reading magazines, internet and questions on here. Got my first deer and almost shots on a few others.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    learn to track sign also. best luck i ever had was when i finaly put all that marketing BS aside and went back to nature and fully took in the naural outdoor experience and truely became one with and respected the animal i was hunting rather than viewing it as an inferior being. The indians were very successful for a reason. refer to them. good luck. I hope all of your hunts become as meaningful, pure, and successful as mine have become.

I have to put my :twocents: in on this. Yes the Indians were very successful, and for the same reason the early settlers were and backwoods people are nowadays. If they didn't succeed they didn't eat. It wasn't becoming one with nature and respecting the animal. It was because they had to be good at it. Hunger is a very powerful motivator. Same reason this guy was so good with a slingshot.
    YouTube - Carolina Camera: The Sling Shot Man

Top Bottom