• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    How many of you use these? How many problems have you had? I have one it wont eject, jams and slam fires. It jammed on Friday night, I pulled it out of the rifle it unjams, slams shut and fires a hollow point through my hand. On the way through it destroys my middle knuckle, metacarpal bone and tendons. I have had one surgery and another on the way.:xmad:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Whoa! Got to be careful around this stuff. Even something as small as a rimfire cartridge is extremely lethal. Accidents do happen though, and I'm glad you were digging the bullet out of your hand instead of your head.

I've used the conversion bolts. I had nothing but problems with the blue one, and 100% success with the stainless ones. Here's a thread I started quite a while back on them.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/79338-22_conversions_for_ar-15_s.html

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Umm, wow. OK. Lets address this one step at a time.

You are suppose to well lubercate the kits from day one. Soak it in lube, let it penitrate, wipe clean, re-lube the moving parts.

I actually had Indygunworks polish a few parts to make it run smoother.

CMMG not unlike many 22lr semi-autos can be picky on the kind of ammo they like to run. FTE isn't uncommon. My CMMG had that issue until it was polished and lubed.

Shot your hand. Hmmm. Ouch.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'm glad you didn't get hurt worse. I've had some problems with ftf's and stove pipes. It seems to work better in my olympic AR and worse in my buddy's Rock River.

As to the disaster, let me get this straight ftbstrd.

How was it "jammed"? Was the bolt stuck in the open position and it slammed shut on a live round, firing it?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Good GREIF!

Thats crazy. I have over 5k rounds thru my stainless CMMG conversion, it has never jammed...or failed to eject and definatly hasnt slam fired... even once... that wasnt a completely dud 22 round.

Its probably my most reliable 22lr gun.

I am sort of surprised people are having issues with them.

My experiance has been 100%.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    CMMG

Sorry to hear about your hand. I hope with rehab you can get everything working like it should.

I've never had an issue with my CMMG kit. I have the stainless steel one. I lubed mine up really good and used CCI Mini-Mags for awhile so it could get broken in. After that it would eat almost anything. I have general issues with getting that same ammo to work out of my 10/22. So I think it's an ammo issue anyway.

Again I hope your hand heals up.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    I'm glad you didn't get hurt worse. I've had some problems with ftf's and stove pipes. It seems to work better in my olympic AR and worse in my buddy's Rock River.

As to the disaster, let me get this straight ftbstrd.

How was it "jammed"? Was the bolt stuck in the open position and it slammed shut on a live round, firing it?

Yes that is exactly what happened!

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    photos of hand

1112101843b.jpg

1112101843a.jpg
    1112101843.jpg

The bullet entered between 1st and 2nd finger took out bones and tendons then out the back of my hand.

Last edited:

jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    I sure hate this happened to you, it could have been much worse, just thinking what all the bullet could have hit. Hope your hand heals well and soon.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    cmmg

I had a second surgery two weeks ago to screw finger and knuckle bone back together and finally getting some movement and control back. Four more weeks off of work then hopefully back to work in January. For those who down play the power of a .22lr, there is more there than you would think!

Top Bottom