• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sucks about your hand, couldn't imagine what was going through your head when that happened. Have your relegated the conversion kit to the scrap heap or are you going to continue using it. Have you talked to CMMG about it, they might be interested to hear from you.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    Sucks about your hand, couldn't imagine what was going through your head when that happened. Have your relegated the conversion kit to the scrap heap or are you going to continue using it. Have you talked to CMMG about it, they might be interested to hear from you.

To be honest I just said a couple of curse words and drove to the hospital.
    CMMG has the kit and said it was misaligned and tried to tell me I reassembled it wrong, But It has never been apart it was brand new. I emailed them after I first used it and followed their advise on ammo and lubrication for ftf and fte. After that is when it went off and shot me. They are going to send me a new setup and I hope without a lawyer med bills are gonna be paid and lost pay compensated. I am not sure if I will use it or just sell it cause my trust in the kit is very low.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I lubed the conversion kit with Nanolube and it seems to be be having a FTF issue. This has happened with both of my stock mags and also the 50rnd drum so I don't think it's a mag issue. I pull the trigger and get a click, but the firing pin doesn't hit anything, there is no mark on the shell at all. Pulling the bolt back also doesn't eject the round. When I drop the clip and let the bolt slam back forward (while trying to avoid a slam fire) it fires fine and cycles as it should.

I'm going to clean it and look for any snag points, maybe buff it a bit and re-lube it. To see if it helps. Any suggestions or is it just part of the break in period?

Top Bottom