• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I think they will get them in time. I'm guessing they will run the full range from well used mix masters to nice matching pieces.
    I have a couple GI 1911's that I've considered selling before the CMP releases theirs.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    The legislation is already in place. All that's needed is the secretary of the army to release them. I would assume whomever Trump appoints will do this.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    With a Trump win its almost certain we will see these released. :rockwoot:

I dunno. I think he's a wildcard. He doesnt appear to be pro gun per se as much as neutral. But I hope I'm wrong. I hope he is open minded and surrounded by enough pro folks that he does good things. Yes, he carried a gun, but lots of anti gunners also own them.

IF he does it, it will be couched from a business perspective; There is money to be made selling off crap that is just sitting in a .gov warehouse taking up space. You think he'd let his companies sit on millions of dollars of inventory that hundreds of thousands of customers are chomping at the bit to buy? "Im authorizing the sale of 1911s. When done we are going to sell that warehouse or lease it out to make even more revenue to reduce the debt because its the right thing to do fiscally."

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I think best case scenario, it is at least a two or three years down the road. The CMP will have to train armors, tool facilities, establish inspection and grading procedures and implement the inspection and grading.

I also have the impression that they will be market priced and not the bargin the M1s are. The CMP is about their education, training and competition. The firearms sale is only a means to that end. After watching the resale folks profiting on the bargain M1 prices, I would hope the CMP would price the resellers out of the game this go around.

All that said, SURE...I'll grab one or two if I get the chance! But, I also won't pass up a deal on a collectable 1911 on the conventional market in the mean time.

Top Bottom