• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have always wondered if any of these US Military .45 auto pistols were some of the thousands and thousands I saw one day while attending Military Police School at Ft. Mc McClellan Ala, in the mid 1970's.
    I was on a detail and we where loaded into the back of a 2/12 ton truck, and driven to the adjoining Anniston Army Depot.
    The truck approached a huge warehouse and actually the two lane road went in, directly under the building, and row upon row of cages were on both sides holding rack after rack of pistols, revolvers, rifles, grenade launchers, and machine guns (.45 auto, .38 spcl. M-14, M-69, M-60, M-1919, and grease guns too). Wow!
    I forgot the detail we were on, but not the sight of all those weapons that day.

I also remember in 1966 the postman delivering to my Dad a brown paper covered box with a Colt 19911 framed, 1911a1 slide SA arsenal rebuilt .45 he ordered for $25 from the back of the NRA magazine.

I own that and his Oct 1941 all matching Springfield M-1 Garand.

As mentioned before in twenty-one years in the US Army, I never saw or was issued anything but a Remington Rand or an Ithaca, .45.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Oooo... very nice! This is the first CMP 1911 I've seen. Seeing as the law enforcement loan program were still getting some nice 1911s, I figured there should be quite a few arsenal refurbished guns with barely any wear coming. That is cool.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Very nice. When the 1911 sales came up I thought they were too expensive and didn't bother putting in an application. Now I'm regretting it.

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    What I got was service grade (only thing they offered)!

Service Grade $1050. Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition. Pistols may contain commercial parts.
    Field Grade $950. Pistol may exhibit minor rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition. Pistols may contain commercial parts.
    Rack Grade $850. Pistol will exhibit rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips may be incomplete and exhibit cracks. Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition but is functional. Pistols may contain commercial parts

Top Bottom