• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    This has to be one of the biggest scams I have ever heard of. $1000 for an old and busted worn out 1911? P.T. Barnum was right.....

"CMP has been selling M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, 1903s, .22s, etc. for 21+ years and we have never taken advantage of anyone. CMP is not going to start price gouging people now with the 1911s. The 1911s will be priced at fair market value just like our M1 Garands. The CMP's enabling legislation directs sales of items at fair market value."

Mark Johnson

Chief Operating Officer
    Civilian Marksmanship Program

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    This has to be one of the biggest scams I have ever heard of. $1000 for an old and busted worn out 1911? P.T. Barnum was right.....
    I'll bet you've never done business with the DCM; now CMP. If you want a great shooter 1911a1, look elsewhere. You can get a Springfield Armory 1911 for less and it has closer tolerances and upgrades. These are for folks who want a G.I. issued pistol for the history behind them and occasional fun shooting! I have a DCM M-1 Garand and it was far from being a scam. Check out what CMP does for the shooting sports. You might learn something.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    "The CMP's enabling legislation directs sales of items at fair market value."

This ^^^^^

CMP has an obligation to sell at fair market value. Unlikely they will sell any firearm that isn't safe to fire - so we can expect much like they did with their rifles and various condition grades.

Some will be near junk, some will be very nice and most will be just fair. That's my prediction based upon pure speculation!

I am not a collector but have a few WWII era items and if CMP offers a firearm that could be reasonably tied to that era; I would be interested in at least considering its purchase.

If it is just a 1960 issue gun that's been reworked a dozen times - I'll pass - but they will not have any trouble selling the first group.

PolishBulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 22, 2018
    Portage
    Just depends how it's approached. If you're looking for an EDC, I'd look elsewhere but if you're looking to buy a working piece of history, then this is the way to go

Top Bottom