• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, I'm not up on the difference between an EA and an EO (I do know that EIEIO is an alternative spelling for "farm" and certain farm animals though ;)).

AMCYCO78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2015
    NW
    Just a point of clarification: The rifles sold by the CMP were the property of the US Government and held by the US Army. The rifles were typically "loaned" to our allies as part of the military assistance program or MAP. When these allies decided that they no longer needed them, the rifles were returned to the Army. Since these rifles were always US property, they are not imports - not subject to any import restrictions.

The CMP is allowed per federal law to receive the rifles from the Army and dispose of them according to specific sales requirements.

The Korean rifles are not part of MAP, so they are imports and subject to import restrictions....

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    ^^ What AMCYCO78 said. Adding to that, you don't want the South Korean imports? Counter bored, outta spec, worn out is my understanding of their condition.

From the CMP Forum: "Update- on the Anniston tour Saturday afternoon (9-26-15) "Jim" from the CMP showed our group the remaining inventory of M1's. Actually, he showed us the corrugate boxes palletized, two high if I recall correctly. His estimate, at current rate of sales, was 14 months, then they're gone." (Disclaimer: This is 'here say' that I read on a forum on the internet.)

Last edited:

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    If you are on the fence about getting one you might want to get serious about it. 5 years from now you don't want to be saying I wish I would have, and you know what the prices will do once the cmp is out.

Top Bottom