• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VIETVET191

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Just received my M1 today. Ordered it in February. I must have been the last one to make it. It's an H&R made in '53 with what appears to be the original barrel (marked 4-53). Most of the internal parts are marked "SA". Stock would also appear to be original (very dark with lots of dings and scratched), just what I was hoping for. Hope to get to the range in the next few days to see what it can do.
    Ordered a can of the Greek ammo with it. It came in about 2 months after I placed my order. Looks very good, very clean, made in '77. Over all I am very pleased with the looks of it.

nbunga

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I love my M1. It's one of the two guns that I would never get rid of even if I were homeless and broke. The other being my late grandfathers S&W model 60.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    You get 5 sighters for Pete's sake. Many a shooter has walked out of the store with a new rifle and shot the match.

But I know you're joking....

Man, I miss that place. It's been a lot of years since I've shot there. Need to come up with a good excuse to go back. So, OkieGirl's eldest son has started his Highpower journey this year. Maybe 2017...

VIETVET191

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    July 30 is the Garand match at Camp Perry. You going to be there?
    No, I'm not much for competition shooting these days. I have to wear bifocals and it's a little hard to focus on sights and target. I'll leave that to the younger guys. I just like trowing a little lead now and then. Last time I fired one of these was in '66, I'm really looking forward to trying it out again.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    No, I'm not much for competition shooting these days. I have to wear bifocals and it's a little hard to focus on sights and target. I'll leave that to the younger guys. I just like trowing a little lead now and then. Last time I fired one of these was in '66, I'm really looking forward to trying it out again.

Glad you have the opportunity to do so, sir. As said earlier, looking forward to your range report!

VIETVET191

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Finally had a chance to get to the range and try out the "new" M1. After sighting in and adjusting sights, was able to get what I thought was a reasonable group for a half blind old fart. As I said before, first time firing one of these since 1966. In the hands of a good shot, the rifle will definitely perform. :):
    P1010001.JPG P1010002.JPG P1010003.JPG P1010005.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    100 yrds at an 8" target.

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    That is a very nice example you received from the CMP, congrats!

I would recommend replacing the springs with a kit from Orion 7. At a minimum, replace the oprod spring and clip latch spring.

Top Bottom