• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Up front, filling out forms of any kind is my Kryptonite, I am like a deer in the headlights...I HATE FORMS!

So... I was looking at the forms at the CMP site for buying a M1 and I was overwhelmed. Cross referencing of other pages and a notary public etc...

I am thinking of just making the pilgramage to one of the CMP stores instead of dealing with the forms and notary public.

I remember reading someplace that the CMP shipped rifles are better quality than what they have in the racks at the outlets.

Anyone?

Signer: the form challenged fellow

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    CMP Garands

I have bought M-1's both through the mail with CMP and at CMP North (Port Clinton/Camp Perry Ohio store). Both rifles were equally as nice.Been to the North store 3 times. Thing is, if you make the trip to the CMP North store YOU get to pick out the rifle YOU want. Yes, you still have to fill out the paperwork even at the CMP store. However the people that work at the store will advise you on the paperwork if you have questions and I do not believe a notary is required when you buy at the store.At the CMP North store the staff is also VERY helpful in the process of you picking out a Garand or carbine or 03-A3. They have a vast knowledge of the weapons and all the gauges and tools that they will let you use. If I might suggest...make the drive to the Port Clinton/Camp Perry north store. You WILL NOT be disappointed you just have to experience it and you will see what I mean. The stores offer so much more than just rifles. If you really want to add to a good time. Go during the Garand matches it is mind blowing awesome with the CMP store open later and vendors row. It all makes the Indy 1500 look small. In case you can't tell I get a bit excited about the CMP store and Camp Perry.Anyway...go and enjoy, you will be glad you did.:rockwoot:

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    The Camp Perry store is fantastic. And picking out a rifle is a lot of fun. When I purchased mine the guy at the checkout took it apart and told me about all the parts in it. The notary is not required when visiting the store in person.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Anything I need to know about the Camp Perry store?
    Do I just show up with my Appleseed event card and my vets of american rev. club card, And cash?

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Anything I need to know about the Camp Perry store?
    Do I just show up with my Appleseed event card and my vets of american rev. club card, And cash?

Give them a call and they can answer all your questions on what you will need to bring. Including cash.:D

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I would email them with any questions, they responded to my last email promptly that day. If you are planning a trip to North Store keep an eye on the CMP Forum and the North Store thread. Guys post store updates there regularly and you can get a feel for how the inventory is at that time.
    Don't let the forms and process turn you away. I have bought Garands from private sales, gunshow dealers and the CMP. The CMP is the best IMO.

Top Bottom