CMP sent me too much ammo....what would you do?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Now the other theoretical question....do you all think the decision would have been so easy if a big retailer like Walmart or Amazon had over shipped you something????

This isn't theoretical for me, I had Amazon do it. Without going in to all the details, I had a Mac Mini shipped in an order with 2 Apple TV appliances. No way to generate a return label online, because you had to select an item that you were returning and a Mac Mini wasn't on my order. I called Amazon (multiple times) and tried to explain the situation, and asked where they would like me to send it. Each time, I got a response of "but we don't see a Mac Mini on your order" :n00b:. I finally spoke with a manager and was told to keep it, as well as a thank you for being an honest customer. :dunno:

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    This isn't theoretical for me, I had Amazon do it. Without going in to all the details, I had a Mac Mini shipped in an order with 2 Apple TV appliances. No way to generate a return label online, because you had to select an item that you were returning and a Mac Mini wasn't on my order. I called Amazon (multiple times) and tried to explain the situation, and asked where they would like me to send it. Each time, I got a response of "but we don't see a Mac Mini on your order" :n00b:. I finally spoke with a manager and was told to keep it, as well as a thank you for being an honest customer. :dunno:

wish i had a mac mini for free lol thats crazy

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good job dnurk! :yesway: The CMP is great (as evidenced by what they did for you). I am very familiar with that southern drawl when dealing with the South Store. :): I'm on a first name basis with their lead armorer down there since I've been working with them to get my Garand working properly. Good people!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I would call them and ask what they want to do

Now that I have read the rest of the thread, glad to hear you did the right thing and got a good deal to boot.

Last edited:

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I am a believer that we get what we give. Karma is a real thing at least to me. As stated up thread you are not obligated to return it, call about it, pay for it. It is all what you as an individual are comfortable with.
    Would the company you purchased with send you money back if you over paid for an item....Hard to say.

Let us know what you do. I have been sent more than I purchased and did the return thing but I made them send me a shipping label first. It was their mistake not mine.
    Yup! They should pay for return shipping

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I would call and let them know. I would also let them know I would be happy to shoot it first to help with the return shipping charges. :D Karma is a good thing. Now if they sent me bacon by mistake....well........

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Anyone that quotes and uses the FTC for their moral compass shows just how necessary that government body or department is in real life.

Simply put, we have all of these alphabet soup commissions and legalese laws to ensure that people do the right things as prescribed by some geniuses that have a much broader picture of right vs. wrong. ;)

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Anyone that quotes and uses the FTC for their moral compass shows just how necessary that government body or department is in real life.

Simply put, we have all of these alphabet soup commissions and legalese laws to ensure that people do the right things as prescribed by some geniuses that have a much broader picture of right vs. wrong. ;)

Well, as I am the one that quoted same, allow me to respond.

The only reason I did such, was to inform the OP of the law in the event that some jackass threatened him with legal action if he did not return or pay for the product. It had little to do with a "moral compass", nor do I use any governmental entity for a "moral compass".

As this is the second post regarding such, is it possible to drop the matter and get back to the OP now?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Well, as I am the one that quoted same, allow me to respond.

The only reason I did such, was to inform the OP of the law in the event that some jackass threatened him with legal action if he did not return or pay for the product. It had little to do with a "moral compass", nor do I use any governmental entity for a "moral compass".

As this is the second post regarding such, is it possible to drop the matter and get back to the OP now?

:yesway:

It is good to know one's options or "rights". Nothing wrong with being informed.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Now the other theoretical question....do you all think the decision would have been so easy if a big retailer like Walmart or Amazon had over shipped you something????
    Would be for me. Honest is honest. I give back change at a drive-through for lunch when I get too much back. It's just who I am, and I would let myself down and not hold myself to the proper standard if I took advantage of an honest mistake.

Top Bottom