• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S/T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Hello all.
    Have a question for you are there any Competitions south of Indy?
    And I have not ordered from CMP as of yet but,what are the waiting periods as in if I ordered today how long do they usually take to get your rifle?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    They should tell you on their website an approximate waiting period. When I ordered my two garands the wait period was dead nuts on. As for competitions there is a long range shooters group somewhere in the area that has shoots at Atterbury but they weren't what I would call real encouraging. When I spoke to them they said that a garand wasn't really a good choice for their shoots!:dunno:

I figure several hundred thousand Germans, Japanese and Italians might beg to differ. . . . . . .if they could

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Check out the forums at the CMP web page. Should be a thread over there with what people are waiting.
    Oh, and a +1 on ordering from them, join the Grand collectors ass. that covers your club and your LTCH covers the shooting requirements

S/T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Found it.
    For most items allow 45-90 days from order to delivery. Some model rifles are relatively rare and will take longer. Estimated shipping times for those rifles are listed on the applicable rifle pages. To avoid delays, please ensure that all required documents are provided with order.
    I hate to but might have to make the drive.
    I had heard that Atterbury was closed to the general public. Dont know if its true or not just rumor probably.

S/T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Check out the forums at the CMP web page. Should be a thread over there with what people are waiting.
    Oh, and a +1 on ordering from them, join the Grand collectors ass. that covers your club and your LTCH covers the shooting requirements

I just joined the GCA yesterday. That was the way to go about joining an affiliate club. My abbreviation's are terrible what do you mean by LTCH?
    I shot my first clinic on the 16th at Fort Knox.
    Miserable day 35mph wind 45degrees and rain I was there 12hrs.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I just joined the GCA yesterday. That was the way to go about joining an affiliate club. My abbreviation's are terrible what do you mean by LTCH?
    I shot my first clinic on the 16th at Fort Knox.
    Miserable day 35mph wind 45degrees and rain I was there 12hrs.

LTCH is License To Carry Handgun :yesway:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    The North store is a trip you wont regret, I went about 2 yrs ago.
    Everyone there is very helpful. Your best bet is to download the order forms you need, fill them out and notarize before you go, make it that much faster when you check out.

S/T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    The North store is a trip you wont regret, I went about 2 yrs ago.
    Everyone there is very helpful. Your best bet is to download the order forms you need, fill them out and notarize before you go, make it that much faster when you check out.
    Yea I heard it was worth the trip. I probably will as soon as I can get my vacation.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I didn't have any forms filled out before I went...didn't seem to take that long.....N. Store is very small but a great experience!!! Been there twice, great folks an you see what your getting, they will even help you pick a good one out if you ask, they love first time customers, they treated my like I was some kind of royalty...last I heard guys were getting some of there rifles in less than a month.....good luck!

beez1954

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    I ordered two rifles by snail mail on 3/22/11.
    They sent confirmation on 3/30/11.
    The order shipped on Thursday and arrived at the Indy FedX terminal on Friday morning but the Holiday weekend put a crimp in their delivery and it is waiting to be delivered tomorrow. A little over a month to complete.

Greg

JohnE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I ordered a Springfield M1 and 2 cans of ammo. Took 43 days from time of mailing in my order to when it was delivered to my door. Haven't shot it yet. Gonna get out this coming Friday or Saturday and see how well it shoots.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    An "out of the box" Garand is not accurate enough for Across the Course NRA matches. 200, 300, and 500 or 600 yards. You will be very disappointed trying to shoot a service or field grade Garand at 600 yards.

CMP Garand matches are held at 200 yards, sometimes at 100 yards. Garands only compete against other Garands. It is a lot of fun.

After you get your Garand, compete with it in CMP Garand matches. A schedule of Garand matches nationwide is on the CMP website.

The military side of Camp Atterbury is not open to the general public. In other words, you can't just drive on and shoot on one of the KD ranges. If you are on the list to compete in a CIHPRS or ISRPA match, you are allowed to enter the base and shoot the match.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I think we should have an unofficial INGO "Garand match" for all us INGO guys and gals that have Garands. It would be more of a social gathering. Rather than just looking at them and blasting away at paper for the sake of shooting, the shooting part of it could be structured to mimic a real Garand match. That way it could be an excuse to show off our rifles, oogle other peoples rifles, and learn how a real match is ran. It would be ideal to have someone that is very familiar with these type of matches show up to guide us through the match course of fire. It could be a deal where links, or handouts would be provided and read ahead of time so the education burden was not so heavy on the guy that volunteers to help out. Like the WW2 shoot a couple years ago, or the Mosin Nagant shoots in the past it will take someone with a home range or that is a member of a range to host it. I would be glad to step up to the plate on some of the leg work or logistics. What say you INGO?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I would STRONGLY encourage the OP (and anyone) to buy this DVD/ video. I think it is the most significant diamond in the rough of all the little accessories I have as a gun owner. The historical "coolness" of it is huge plus the marksmanship information is almost entirely unchanged from modern training you get from the Appleseed Project or from the beginners high power rifle clinic I took.

M1 M-1 Rifle Garand Marksmanship video weapon DVD | eBay

It is basically the declassified marksmanship reel to reel movies they made to train the guys leading up to WW2!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have a few M1s that I need to shoot. I'd love to meet up with someone who knew their stuff on these and give me a few tips.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I think we should have an unofficial INGO "Garand match" for all us INGO guys and gals that have Garands. It would be more of a social gathering. Rather than just looking at them and blasting away at paper for the sake of shooting, the shooting part of it could be structured to mimic a real Garand match. That way it could be an excuse to show off our rifles, oogle other peoples rifles, and learn how a real match is ran. It would be ideal to have someone that is very familiar with these type of matches show up to guide us through the match course of fire. It could be a deal where links, or handouts would be provided and read ahead of time so the education burden was not so heavy on the guy that volunteers to help out. Like the WW2 shoot a couple years ago, or the Mosin Nagant shoots in the past it will take someone with a home range or that is a member of a range to host it. I would be glad to step up to the plate on some of the leg work or logistics. What say you INGO?

There will be a Highpower Clinic at Ft Wayne Rifle and Revolver May 7. Bring your M1's for ogling or whatever. The first 2 to 3 hours are classroom and the rest of the day is spent on the range learning how a real match is run. Heck you will be shooting in a real match. The scores are not turned into anybody.

We usually have plenty of experienced shooters from the club show up so that we have on-on-one instruction on the firing line.

The social gathering time is after the match with a cookout and fellowship.

Wildcat Valley also conducts a Highpower Clinic.

I would be happy to show up at another event that you might create that is "INGO", but as a CMP Master Instructor, I would quickly turn it into a Highpower Clinic. So maybe you should just consider coming to a highpower clinic?

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    An "out of the box" Garand is not accurate enough for Across the Course NRA matches. 200, 300, and 500 or 600 yards. You will be very disappointed trying to shoot a service or field grade Garand at 600 yards.

CMP Garand matches are held at 200 yards, sometimes at 100 yards. Garands only compete against other Garands. It is a lot of fun.

After you get your Garand, compete with it in CMP Garand matches. A schedule of Garand matches nationwide is on the CMP website.

The military side of Camp Atterbury is not open to the general public. In other words, you can't just drive on and shoot on one of the KD ranges. If you are on the list to compete in a CIHPRS or ISRPA match, you are allowed to enter the base and shoot the match.

My first Garand from CMP was a WWII Field Grade, sighted it in at 110 yds...it was like 9 clicks up from bottom....guy said shoot down there at that 11" steel triangle...it was 540 yds...I could barely see it, it was in front a small dirt back stop....I figure 16 clicks up from bottom, fired an hit way low...move it up 2 more clicks...fired an that gong jumped in the air an then we heard the "ding"....the guy that told me to take a shot at it couldn't believe it...my other six shots didn't hit but the dirt was flying all around it....I must of got a good one....?

S/T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Well I dont know, my Father in law is a former (God he will kill me for that) Marine.
    And he swears he can hit a man in the head with his Garand from 500 yrds. I havnt seen him shoot it but when he was in that was the service rifle.
    He can shoot.

Top Bottom