• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I wouldn't doubt it. After an Appleseed shoot or two I would expect most people who listen would be able to hold "minute of man" out to 400 yards with a Garand, and probably hit a man sized target (if the can see it) at 500 yards at least once out of 8 round "en bloc" clip. I'm going to take a weekend to make the trip out to Camp Perry to get one of these wonderful rifles for myself...

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Maybe we should or I get something going for this summer....Not a compitition but a day to a range to shoot Garands, meet each other an chat an shoot....Wabash Co. has Bass an Bucks range...50 to 740 yds, lots of benches, probably could get plenty of guys on line, do some shooting, then go down an pull targets an talk an do it again....if interested spread the word an give me a private message....if enough interest I'll start a thread an see what happens....Bass n Bucks is 100 miles North of Indy...

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Maybe we should or I get something going for this summer....Not a compitition but a day to a range to shoot Garands, meet each other an chat an shoot....Wabash Co. has Bass an Bucks range...50 to 740 yds, lots of benches, probably could get plenty of guys on line, do some shooting, then go down an pull targets an talk an do it again....if interested spread the word an give me a private message....if enough interest I'll start a thread an see what happens....Bass n Bucks is 100 miles North of Indy...

I've personally met Sloughfoot, and I can say that if the opportunity arises and you are able to go to the high power clinics or shoots that he described you REALLY should. I, unfortunately, cannot on the weekend of May 7th but I'm looking at some of the other Garand matches. I've never been to one but from what I understand it is to High Power like Friday Night Steel is to pistol competition. All the safety and organization of a match but for fun.
    What you mention would be Very fun also. I've coveted the range you speak of but I've never been there. When I build the 6.5 Grendel upper that I am dreaming of I'll get a membership there. I think the best thing to do is start a new feeler thread in INGO events and post a link here.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I would STRONGLY encourage the OP (and anyone) to buy this DVD/ video. I think it is the most significant diamond in the rough of all the little accessories I have as a gun owner. The historical "coolness" of it is huge plus the marksmanship information is almost entirely unchanged from modern training you get from the Appleseed Project or from the beginners high power rifle clinic I took.

M1 M-1 Rifle Garand Marksmanship video weapon DVD | eBay

It is basically the declassified marksmanship reel to reel movies they made to train the guys leading up to WW2!

This video is also on youtube. I never realized how much proper sling usage can improve off hand accuracy. I have focused on my sling etiquette on my last two trips to the range. It is a big help!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    This video is also on youtube. I never realized how much proper sling usage can improve off hand accuracy. I have focused on my sling etiquette on my last two trips to the range. It is a big help!
    Hit an Appleseed to add "natural point of aim", and other basic marksmanship skills to the "sling trick" and you will be amazed at how much more accurate you can be. :D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'm very interested. Unfortunately I can't do it on the 6th. I missed out when you guys did this last year and I don't want to miss it again. I need someone to help me check out my Garands and do some shooting! :yesway:

Dyerdaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    Just a side note reguarding CMP Kimber 22s, smallest avg group size is stamped on the barrel. Makes the trip to Ohio or Alabama worthwile. Esp. Ohio, if you like roller coasters.

Top Bottom