• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I thought it was interesting and not as anti-gun biased as I assumed it would be.

Of course there was the continual misinformation (i.e. lying) about the "powerful AR-15". The .223/5.56 is hardly a powerful rifle round and there was a tiny mention of the .30 Carbine as being significantly more powerful. I suppose it is powerful compared to a .22 LR. But I would say that ANY centerfire rifle count used at close range (basically point-blank) on human targets is going to create major injury.

I thought the doctor who said a shotgun or a handgun would not create wounds like the AR-15 did was wrong. A 12 ga at close range will not just shatter bones but it will blow limbs off. Just about any handgun round at that same close range is going to be just as deadly, perhaps more because it's easier to get to multiple targets with a handgun than a rifle in general.

They really tried to make James Yeager look like a nut-job but of course his ranting video pretty much did the work for them.

The show really showed a lot of women and AR-15s which I thought was interesting. If you listen to a lot of the anti-propaganda you'd believe that AR's are "boy-toys" but they said AR ownership among women is rising faster than among men. Go for it ladies!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    James Yeager just posted this on facebook: too bad it won't be aired to the masses.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFrAOEdAfJ4[/ame]

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    As is always the case, the bias wasn't as much in what was said but in HOW it was said. Perhaps it's just me, but the reporter seemed to use his snarky, "you can't really believe that" tone when questioning the pro-2a folks and his sympathetic, "I understand, I really do" tone with those on the other side. A transcript wouldn't show the difference.

EDIT: I just went back and watched the video with the reporter -- AWESOME! If you skipped watching that, go back. He admits that he doesn't own a gun and knew nothing about them (which explains his verbal bias in his tone, IMO), and came away with the impression that the majority of the vilified AR-15 owners are actually normal, violence-hating citizens, not right-wing conspiracy wackos.

Kudos to him for manning up and admitting his change of heart. I doubt he'll rush out and buy an AR now, but it could happen ...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom