• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'd like to challenge your claim about the worst people. African immigrants are more educated, start more private business, and are more law abiding that native-born American citizens. So, I'd like you to qualify how they, the African immigrant in America, are the worst people?

As far as the president telling lies, if we are to take the position he holds, and compare it to others. He hasn't told "some lies" he's told a hell of a lot of them.... and he does so, almost daily. Just the other day, he stated that he wasn't going to the UK, because Obama had made a bad deal in moving the embassy. Well, the first lie is the reason why he wasn't going to the UK. What since does it make to not visit an ally because a previous administration moved an embassy? The second lie, is that it wasn't Obama that made the decision to move the embassy, it was George Bush... but Trump couldn't pass up the chance to attack his predecessor. The thing is, Trump thinks his supporters are stupid. He throws out wild claims, and expects everyone to take it as gospel. Its Amazing the cult of personality the man enjoys.

From: Perdue cites data on immigrant households benefiting from social welfare programs | PolitiFact Georgia
    Perdue cites data on immigrant households benefiting from social welfare programs

Our ruling

Perdue said, "Half of all immigrant households receive benefits from our social welfare system."
    Cash assistance for immigrants is very low, about 6 percent, but there are other programs from which immigrants benefit, and Perdue cited benefits broadly. Research from the Center for Immigration Studies found that in 2012, 51 percent of immigrant-headed households (living here legally or illegally) reported to have used at least one welfare program during the year.
    That percentage includes a broad definition of welfare, including school lunch. Excluding subsidized school lunches, welfare use for immigrant households would be 46 percent, according to the study.
    The study included as welfare beneficiaries immigrant households in which a U.S.-born child is benefitting from a welfare program. Another report from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine found that 45 percent of immigrant households had food assistance and 46 percent had Medicaid.
    Perdue’s statement is accurate but needs clarification or additional information. We rate it Mostly True.

And if you go HERE (linked from within the politifact article) there is extensive tablature, broken down by region and in some cases country. The reality is not as ... pretty ... as you wish to make it seem

https://www.nap.edu/read/23550/chapter/6
    Socioeconomic Outcomes of Immigrants

See especially 3.4 POVERTY AND WELFARE UTILIZATION

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    First, I'm not taking the unsupported claims Trump adherents. So let's see where it is mentioned that Trump sent doctors to Haiti "out of his own pocket." Trump is the type of person, that in the wake of his latest foot in his mouth instance, would certainly try and play that chip to show him in a good light. So Link?

Second, the idea that a person cannot possibly be racist, because they've helped minorities in the past is dumb. Lyndon Johnson was a raging racist, but instrumental in Civil Rights.

Rand Paul: Trump isn't prejudiced against Haiti because he helped fund my medical mission trip there
    Rand Paul: Trump isn't prejudiced against Haiti because he helped fund my medical mission trip there

Waiting for Rand Paul is a liar, too in 3 ... 2 ... 1...

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Waiting for Rand Paul is a liar, too in 3 ... 2 ... 1...

They were probably replicating Nazi medical experiments, grabbing the women in the p*ssy and stuff.

Being informed by the daily consequences of racial oppression have given me the ability to just intuit this stuff. You wouldn't understand.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    147X6q8.png
    [/IMG]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Between Durbin and Satan... Ummmm...

So, according to this it would be Durbin who originated the phrase.

OK, Kut It is your turn to say Trump is...

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    There has to be audio somewhere of what was said. I think they are just giving the Dems enough rope to hang themselves, then the tape will come out and it will be a gotcha moment.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    During the election, I could see why, with Clinton being the alternative, why people would vote for him. However, after he took office, he has proven himself to be, collectively, the most vile, lying, incompetent, hateful person to ever enter the office in modern times. And yet, there are still tremendous numbers of people that ignore all of that, and support this clown. It doesn't take rocket science to see why.

I know you're not joking, but you could not be more misguided.
    Barack Hussein Obama will forever hold the title of "Liar-in-Cheif", not to mention the most destructive and divisive POTUS to the union.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The people that haven't changed their story? :dunno:
    How does one go from "I do not recall" to "gross misrepresentation?"
    You either recall or you don't.... but wait, maybe he was hypnotized in order to recall something his conscious min didn't originally pick up. It's possible.

C'mon Kut, you can do better than that. This is the kind of Facile playground banter dddreese put up. Let's just talk about what is true, and what is not true.

They said way more than just "I don't recall". From the article:

"I didn't hear it, and I was sitting no further away from Donald Trump than Dick Durbin was," Cotton said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

This is a denial. He's clearly not doing the sort of infamous plausible "I don't recall" denial politicians do, which is what you seem to be saying. It's strong enough to say he's calling Durbin a liar without calling him a liar.

I'm not saying anything about who is telling the truth. I don't think either side is. And I don't think the actual words used really matters anyway. I think everyone agrees, even the most ardent Trumper, that what Trump did say was insulting. What I think is fair to say is a mischaracterization, is the spin put on it by Derbin, that it was "hate-filled, vile and racist. "Hate-filled and racist" is just biased partisan hyperbole.

So as far as characterizing, if you want to be objective about it, the only conclusion I'd make about it other than Trump saying insulting things about various countries in a private meeting--which I'm sure every president has done--is that the truth is somewhere between the two partisan sides jawing at each other.

Top Bottom