• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    In the report they talk about declining murder in the USA but rise in Chicago. They also say you can buy a gun everywhere including gas stations. They continue to say just because you know the president doesn't make you safe........ But I did not see where they inform people that Chicago's stiff gun laws are not working..... Amazing isn't it.

Chicago's record murder rate: Don't blame guns alone - CNN.com

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    The gangs wont stop killing if all the guns magically disappear. With such lack of regard for human life, could you not envision gangs setting off ied's and car bombs on enemies "turf"?

It's a mindset, it's a condition of the heart, it's hopelessness that's killing these kids, it's not the guns.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Is there a clearer example of strict gun laws having no effect on changing behavior, or at least the behavior you would want changed? Reminds one of the prohibition of alcohol and the war on drugs.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I cant imagine anyone who cant see the facts. Its become too obvious that the gun control debate isnt about stopping violence or saving lives, but about CONTROL of the population. There will always be bad apples in the bunch, nothing any laws are going to do to stop that.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Is there a clearer example of strict gun laws having no effect on changing behavior, or at least the behavior you would want changed? Reminds one of the prohibition of alcohol and the war on drugs.

The thing is, they passed the NFA and repealed Prohibition at the same time but think that the NFA is what worked. It is exactly like the War on Drugs but too many "conservatives" like the war so despite spending billions per year and eroding our freedom and civil liberty and making ZERO headway they vote to continue it every time.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    i emailed CNN proposing a headline about the irony of a gun control speech in one of the most regulated states / cities of the united states yet highest murder rate. cant wait for a response.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    i emailed CNN proposing a headline about the irony of a gun control speech in one of the most regulated states / cities of the united states yet highest murder rate. cant wait for a response.

Being a left wing media, the odds are they will respond with something like.... There is no proof... Lol, but if they do respond with something good please let me know

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The war on drugs is working, but you have to look at it from the liberal's point of view, that being the more people you put in jail, the less chance for opposition to your core beliefs.

I am amazed that they figured out alcohol prohibition!

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Having lived in Chicago for 30 years, it's all about the gangs, not guns. It's not going to change untill, and unless, people start to learn the basics about respecting your fellow man. And the Libs running Chicago would rather spend their money on a Education System that does nothing but get teachers rich and ignores the real problems.

Ryan53957

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Restricting guns isn't the answer and I believe we all know that but the media is in the pocket of the government, in specific which side of diplomacy they fall on. CNN is a joke and when the government wants something promoted or hushed all they do is get on their backs and say ok.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    "What we need to do is address the root of the problem, the economic violence on a lot of these kids who don't have jobs or an education or even something to eat, and when they are victims of violence, they don't have access to the medical care they need. We need a trauma center here."

Obama is from Chicago. He already knows this. He already knows you can buy guns illegally everywhere inside a city where guns are illegal.

It's not about solving the problem of violence in inner cities. If it were, we would be talking about things that work, things that have a chance of making a difference.

Top Bottom