• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I was browsing through my quartermaster catalogue and noticed some coasf brand knives for a good price. Did a quick search and the seem fairly good. Does any one on here have any experience?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I was told they were made in the usa which is the only i considered them. Just need a cheap knife that wont fold up on my hand that wont break my heart if it spends eternity in the evidence locker like my cousins knife.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Coast knives use 9Cr18 stainless steel for most of their blades. 9Cr18 is a cheap China steel. IMO, if they were made in the USA, they wouldn't be using cheap China steel for the blades.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I was told they were made in the usa which is the only i considered them. Just need a cheap knife that wont fold up on my hand that wont break my heart if it spends eternity in the evidence locker like my cousins knife.

I have a fool-proof method for keeping my blades (and other items) out of an evidence locker.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

with just a quick google search I found them listed for sale at Smoky Mountain Knife Works and in the description it says "Made in China" so...

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Guess i'll just get another gerber. The evidence locker thing was after my cousin had to fight a dog and its owner off it took them longer to clear him than it did to clear me after my incident i got my knife back same day he still hasn't got his back, he should probably call about that.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Guess i'll just get another gerber. The evidence locker thing was after my cousin had to fight a dog and its owner off it took them longer to clear him than it did to clear me after my incident i got my knife back same day he still hasn't got his back, he should probably call about that.

FYI: Not all Gerber knives are USA made, and I would venture to guess that more Gerber models are made overseas than here in the states.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Yea but me and my brother have used gerbers for as long as i can remember so i kinda trust them as a cheap disposable knife. Maybe when i get some extra money (ha) i will try a coast knife just as an extra to keep in the trunk or something.

Top Bottom