• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    anyone else have one of these little jewels!!!!

1ouft3.jpg

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Had one, let it go to an uncle who said he really wanted one...had intended to replace it at the next show I went to but apparently Leinad decided to go belly up about then :(.

Always preferred my Over/Under model to the SxS one though ;). It doesn't try to torque out of your hand on recoil.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Yes, I have the single barrel model gun. I shot 8 rounds of .45 colt through it and it broke up in my hands. The plastic spacers and handle parts broke up with the impulse shock. A couple more shots and the steel rails had flexed enough to break the welds. I still have the pieces but the only part that held up was the barrel itself, which is still in perfect condition. (I am saving it, it is a pretty fair quality barrel) I could see that the pistol was junk when I got it, but I thought it could get at least 10 shots.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Yes, I have the single barrel model gun. I shot 8 rounds of .45 colt through it and it broke up in my hands. The plastic spacers and handle parts broke up with the impulse shock. A couple more shots and the steel rails had flexed enough to break the welds. I still have the pieces but the only part that held up was the barrel itself, which is still in perfect condition. (I am saving it, it is a pretty fair quality barrel) I could see that the pistol was junk when I got it, but I thought it could get at least 10 shots.

the sxs must be made a little tougher that the single shot......i don't see any welds on the sxs.....i shot it 60 times yesterday and it's still in one piece and workin' fine...

mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    Got the longer version. Not sure the length. Awesome fun. Once took on a family of skunks with it. It won but the skunks attempted to return fire first. It was a close one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    the sxs must be made a little tougher that the single shot......i don't see any welds on the sxs.....i shot it 60 times yesterday and it's still in one piece and workin' fine...

60 times?!!!!!! With the same hand? In one day? I am better than immune to recoil....... I embrace it. It gives me a rush and makes me happy, I shoot a 12 gauge coach gun (26.5 inches long, 18.5 inch barrel) one handed, with 3 inch magnum slugs because It's fun. 60 shots from that .45 is too much of a good thing. The recoil on that gun is so bad that it broke mine to bits. Maybe there was something wrong with my bullets? I got them from a box marked .45 colt, but is it possible that they were .44 magnum instead? would a hotter round fit in the barrel? That would explain things.

My gun was a very early one, from many years ago. They must be making them better these days. You say there are no welds? what is the breech block like? mine is a welded plate, holding the two rails together. Plastic spacers firm it up between the rails. At least that was the configuration before I shot it!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    60 times?!!!!!! With the same hand? In one day? I am better than immune to recoil....... I embrace it. It gives me a rush and makes me happy, I shoot a 12 gauge coach gun (26.5 inches long, 18.5 inch barrel) one handed, with 3 inch magnum slugs because It's fun. 60 shots from that .45 is too much of a good thing. The recoil on that gun is so bad that it broke mine to bits. Maybe there was something wrong with my bullets? I got them from a box marked .45 colt, but is it possible that they were .44 magnum instead? would a hotter round fit in the barrel? That would explain things.

My gun was a very early one, from many years ago. They must be making them better these days. You say there are no welds? what is the breech block like? mine is a welded plate, holding the two rails together. Plastic spacers firm it up between the rails. At least that was the configuration before I shot it!

i have a coach too.....both barrels at the same time with hi-brass 00 is pure joy!!!:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:.......the little 45/410 sxs is a ***** cat:D......i run 45 Colt's at 1500fps 7 1/2" Blackhawk.....big fun!!:D

Top Bottom