• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Does anyone have any opinions on the Cochise from Tops Knives? I am an ESEE fan and it looks like both Tops and ESEE are made by Rowen. Also, how does the warranty from Tops stack up to the ESEE? I like the looks of a few Tops knives and there is this one lady around here that sells Tops knives so I wouldn't mind throwing her some business.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Brad or Sheila, correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't think Tops were made by Rowen? I thought they used to be together but are separate now? I am not saying Tops is bad, I just didn't want him thinking he was getting something he isn't.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    TOPS has a life time warranty....your GTG with anything from TOPS.

I was thinking that there were more hoops to jump through with their warranty but you and KnifeLady would know for sure.

Brad or Sheila, correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't think Tops were made by Rowen? I thought they used to be together but are separate now? I am not saying Tops is bad, I just didn't want him thinking he was getting something he isn't.

Hmmm....I am curious now

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    I may be wrong but I am 99% certain that they used to be affiliated but they had a split. I have been wrong b4, though.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I may be wrong but I am 99% certain that they used to be affiliated but they had a split. I have been wrong b4, though.

TOPS is no longer affiliated with Rowen. All TOPS fixed blades are designed and manufactured at TOPS’ own facility. Their folding knives are not made by them, they are contracted out to another manufacture and have the TOPS name put on them.

As far as the warranty....It is a life time warranty, but I honestly have never heard of anyone sending a knife back for warranty work ...so as far as the the customer service goes...I don't know.:dunno: I don't think I would be concerned about their customer service/warranty as TOPS has a great reputation in the knife world. If their warranty or customer service was lacking, I'm sure I would have heard about it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom