• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I like it. Sounds like a good idea that we know the cops, and that they know us. And a nice plus, not being a stranger to the men in blue will help make the subject of that gun in my car much less stressful if I ever get pulled over (again :) ). The Wheel is just a few minutes down the road. I will try to stop in.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I like the idea. I may have to suggest it to the Chief and/or Mayor where I live.

I'm calling BS, they don't list donuts so no self respecting cop will darken their door.

If you want coffee with a cop I can be found having coffee at Fair Oaks when I'm working south..I65 220mm:welcome:

Next time I'm going that way I'll PM and see if your working.

Of course, now I can't find the threads I need.

1) The city of Hammond has 3 ordnances violating the State of Indiana's Firearms' Preemption. They were taken to court, and the court ruled the ordnances can stand, as long as Hammond doesn't enforce them. In court, that was argued that it would be similar to the city putting up a wrong speed limit sign on the highway, where they have no jurisdiction.

2) An INGOer was detained for carrying while cutting grass, on his own property.

3) Mayor McDermott has stated publically that he is anti-gun, and will do everything he can to get rid of them.

IIRC there was at least one more. An INGOer was detained, disarmed and questioned while getting a movie from a redbox. He walked the couple of blocks there and was looking through the selections when several police cars pulled up and the officers jumped out with guns drawn. He had again IIRC at least one other interaction with the PD their for OC. Sorry can't find the link.

ETA Same as poster as the 2nd one you listed and he was returning a movie.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...8491-interaction-police-didnt-go-so-well.html

Both of these are from several years ago. Like I said, I haven't had a problem with anyone since I moved here; neighbors, cops, store clerks, no one. There's even a sheriff's deputy stationed at the Walmart up here, we make eye contact every time I walk in and I don't get gunned down. No problems for me.

The first was from just over a year ago, and the 3rd McDimwitt is still mayor and I'm sure he hasn't changed his mind.

One of the IMPD districts (East) is hosting a coffee with a cop event:

Feb 23rd 8-11am
    McDonald's @ 1611 N Meridian St

I wish I could go but I'll probably be working. I'm working a good bit down in Indy at the moment.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    My department (Rushville) just did this. We had 5 officers including the chief and sheriff come. We filled the place up. It was a really positive experience. We as a department have had really high turnover the last few years, so it was good for the citizens to get to know us.

Top Bottom