• Which do you prefer

• Total voters

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    We love our cuisinart...we have a keurig and i just hate messing with the cups...plus i domt like the thought of leaving water in it more than a day...

Y'know what, there was always a taste to the Kuerig at work that I could never put my finger on. You just nailed it. I have my Mr. Coffee at home (wife loves the smell but hates the taste), fresh ground beans (usually), and full cream

Also I just can't justify the price difference in the coffee. My Mr. Coffee is fairly cheap to run, and easy to clean. The same cannot be said for the Kuerig

Between the initial cost, the coffee cost, and now these, I don't think I could bring myself to buy one.

I scoff at all you people addicted to your bitter beans. "Oh, I'm a bear if I don't get me coffee." "I need my coffee to feel like a human." "I'm addicted to coffee", blah, blah, blah...pansy, crowd following, herd mentality, sheep.

Now, I'm going to go get a Diet Coke and when I get back here, you people better have shaped up.
    Preach it, brother.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I couldn't choose between coffee or bacon on the poll.........

Maple_Bacon_Morning_Coffee_large_3.jpg

Sounds horrid.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I'm a pot in the morning before I go to work kind of girl. I like black coffee and lots of it. I seldom consume caffeinated beverages in the afternoon so I need to get it when I can. I need enough coffee to wake me up in the morning but not so much it interferes with my sleep at night.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My Mr. Coffee is fairly cheap to run, and easy to clean. The same cannot be said for the Kuerig

I'm very curious about this. I've owned my Keurig for 3 years now and I've cleaned it twice. Both times were super easy (vinegar in and hit the descale button). I've wiped it down several times with a damp cloth, on the outside, to keep it clean. The only real problem is grounds collecting around the rim of where the k-cup goes, but I only have to clean there every 6 months or so. What was your experience like?

I have the acid reflux issue myself. Prilosec in the morning and Zantac at night. I still only get about two to three cups a day. I don't have the time to spend a whole lot of time in the morning doinking around with time consuming methods. Pop in a K-cup and by the time my shoes on I have a fresh and hot cup o joe.

Been on Prevacid for 17 years now. Does a reasonable job keeping my stomach problems in check, but I still have to watch my intake of the ol trigger foods. I've tried both Prilosec and Zantac and neither seemed to work for me, sadly. One of these days when I'm bold I'm gonna try Nexium to see if it does any better than my Prevacid. Oh and I agree about the convenience of the Keurig :D

I really don't get much from drinking coffee. I sometimes go a day or more without thinking I need a cup. I just like the taste.

Absolutely love the taste of coffee. I started sneaking sips from my Mom's cup when I was about 10 or 12. She liked her coffee with cream and a lot of sugar. Started drinking it ever day when I was 16 and aside from one year I won't talk about, I've drank at least a cup a day since. Still like it with a little cream and sugar, but I now prefer it really strong. I hate going out for breakfast because very few places serve a decent cup of coffee.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Keurig without a doubt! I bought the Solofil burr grinder and stainless steel k cup and I grind Kona beans from The Cheese Shop, or B Java (whoever has fresh beans at the time)! I am looking into this bad boy and wonder if anyone makes a carafe sized reusable cup!?
    image.jpg

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I have a hamilton beach. I am currently drinking central highlands coffee from Vietnam. Any other coffee I would have to put 6 scoops to get it nice and strong. This one I only use a 1/2 a scoop and the coffee is still strong, comes out very black and hits your colon faster than any other coffee I've had..

That Vietnamese coffee is flavored with D245T.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Keurig with one of these...

FourFundamentalBrewingRules.png

You can use any normal ground coffee and make it whatever strength you want. And these do not require you to remove the needle seat thingy that the Keurig version requires. Just drop it in instead of a K-cup. We have 2 and we are still on our 1st one after 3 years of continual use. And they do not plug up like the Keurig version either. Great product.

A good cup of Joe with a pile of bacon for breakfast...ummmm...my mouth is watering just thinking about it. :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

Top Bottom