• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've got a Coharie CA94 MP5 clone SBR and I was talking with a SOT about what it would take to get it ready for being a sear host. Our thought was that it would only take a full auto bolt group install (which should be easy, though not cheap) and then of course putting on a registered sear trigger pack.

But, that's kind of where the discussion fell apart. I've been skimming through various websites, but there are a lot of dead links and I'm still not clear. I know there is a big difference between the lowers on a true full auto MP5 and the ones put on the semi-auto guns (since there is a shelf to prevent a full auto lower installation).

Has anyone gone through this conversion and would be able to share some more details on what they had to do to get their clone ready to be a host?

Also, can anyone point me to a more definitive answer about how exactly you get a full auto lower/trigger group containing the registered sear or trigger pack modified to fit on the semi host? I know people have done conversions between the SEF and pictogram lowers.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Hmm, that would be nice. I probably should check before I drop $500 on a new bolt group. :)
    My understanding is that they already have full auto bolt groups. Just don't know any cool people with the trigger pack to test it out.

Khill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    United States
    Confirming that most Coharie came with the full auto bolt carrier. You should look up the images of the full auto feature (trip) on the carrier and make sure yours has one. No need to buy a new BCG if yours is all set. You obviously can't use a "pinned" trigger group on the semi-auto, so it has to be the right registered sear. It would be nice to borrow one and see how well the gun likes it first. The sear is typically SO expensive that it makes sense to consider real HK94 as a host for full auto.
    Good info on the "semi-auto" sear here:
    Heckler and Koch Sear FAQ - Class 3 Firearms - Gun Forums

Top Bottom