• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I did something similar years ago.. tossed everything out of my wallet but my debit card, ltch, and drivers license. If something stays in my wallet for over a week without being used, it's removed.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Playing "Devils advocate" what happens when you hand your regular credit card to the waiter/waitress, etc, and they walk around the corner and swipe your card into their Coin card. Next day you have charges on your CC from Hairy Bob's Bait and Bras ???

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Playing "Devils advocate" what happens when you hand your regular credit card to the waiter/waitress, etc, and they walk around the corner and swipe your card into their Coin card. Next day you have charges on your CC from Hairy Bob's Bait and Bras ???

That could happen with just about any credit card.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I believe you need to have the actual physical credit card on hand to be able to add the card to a Coin. I don't think possession of one Coin card would allow someone to get those cards onto theirs.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    That could happen with just about any credit card.
    Exactly my point.

I believe you need to have the actual physical credit card on hand to be able to add the card to a Coin. I don't think possession of one Coin card would allow someone to get those cards onto theirs.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    SO im interested and watching. If the blue tooth link does limit the range and activity of the card this could be a new layer of security if done correctly...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Dammit....

...about 7 or 8 years ago, sitting around at lunch, I was complaining about every store wanting to give me their own discount card, 2 gas stations, 2 grocery stores, Autozone, etc. I was remarking how there is no reason why there could not be one card that stored the info for all of these cards so that you only needed 1.....and I promptly requested another Diet Coke and did nothing with the idea.

The only thing that keeps me from feeling horrible is the idea that this idea was around before that....but I refuse to research it, lest my idea predated it.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Dammit....

...about 7 or 8 years ago, sitting around at lunch, I was complaining about every store wanting to give me their own discount card, 2 gas stations, 2 grocery stores, Autozone, etc. I was remarking how there is no reason why there could not be one card that stored the info for all of these cards so that you only needed 1.....and I promptly requested another Diet Coke and did nothing with the idea.

The only thing that keeps me from feeling horrible is the idea that this idea was around before that....but I refuse to research it, lest my idea predated it.

Take comfort in the lack of lawsuits and arbitration that "could" come from owning this company... Imagine the target this company will have on its head from hackers around the world multiple cards with 1 account. If you can steal the card or hack it... well

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Own the company? He!! no, I would have sold my patent to some other schmuck and let him have the headaches, I'd just have the upfront and the royalties.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Already have this idea, it's called a 'debit card'.

Coin wants me to pay them $100 just to 'lighten my wallet'? lolololololololololololololol...

Top Bottom