• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Cold Steel is a hot button issue around these parts. I think the general consensus would be their product is ok, but overpriced. They are very slimy with the way they run their business, and don't actually manufacture anything but the videos promoting their products.

bulldogxray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    I have a cold steel Recon 1 that I love. It keeps a really good edge. I did not know they were shady though.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    It's the same stuff Becker uses on many of their knife handles. Cheaper than G-10, micarta, Respirene-C, and other handle materials. But the price of the knife will reflect that. Not my favorite material in the world, but it works.

From my experience, the blades are kind of flimsy though, so I would go with a rigid design such as a tanto if you plan on stabbing something with it. The Karambit is kind of a joke.

jdfast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    SW Indy
    Its money better spent somewhere else. Its a last ditch shiv. If you feel you can't live without one then at least get the tanto. Its a slight bit thicker and you might get your money out of it.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Wait... That's what they are Calling that plastic? I thought it was an actual entire product.... Never mind.

This topic comes down to: it's your money. Spend it with who you want to support. If you are so inclined, research cold steal and then decide if you want to send them any of your hard earned dollars.

Top Bottom