• ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Again, to the OP:

For a stabby knife - this blade will be fine. I like sub-hilts and you see few people who will produce them. The rest of the chatter is likely esoteric to what you want to know. It is not an end-all-grail blade but will be good if you ever need to stick it in someone - God willing, you never will.

To the other knifeknuts - Yeah, I think Lynn T is a... hat. There are one or two popular knifemakers that I now despise due to some personal dealings also though - at least one with a pretty big following.

To be fair, I'll still buy some Cold Steel hawks for throwing because they're inexpensive. I still love my 3rd Gen S&W autos even though it was during the period that most folks feel they "sold out."

I just don't want the OP to feel like we're dogpiling on him. The thread took a turn not due to your original post.

Shenandoah

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Cold Steel / Gerber

As stated earlier in this thread, I formerly owned one of these knives. It should work fine if you are wanting a knife that will stab the be-jesus out of stuff, but I think you can do better. Their are so many knives out there now that use better steel, better handle materials, etc.... One thing I really didn't care for was how the the guard would flex when your hand came into contact with it. I also didn't care for the sheath.

I would be one of those "Cold Steel Haters" also mentioned previously in this thread, only my opinion is based on experience, not "parroting what I have heard from others online". Cold Steel stuff is what it is. Business ethics aside, you could do better, and you could do worse. Go to a gun and knife show and put your hands on as much stuff as possible before buying. I'd suggest checking out the Gerber Mark II. It's in the same price range, American made, and a much superior dagger IMO, though it's a shame you can't buy one with out the blade serrations anymore.

The fact that Gerber occaisionally runs a batch of 'special" MK2's to sell for a rediculas price shows disrespect for their customers. There are many of us who want an unserrated MK2. Personally, I will not purchase any of their blades because of this insult. I won't have the serrated blade.
    Also, I have a number of quality blades, some of which are Cold Steel. The Carbon V Laredo Bowie is very dependable, as is the Tanto that I have carried for years.

Top Bottom